Point cloud data has been around for years, but geospatial professionals are still challenged with how to best utilize it. This powerful surface model is highly accurate and costly – and many people are at a loss as to how to most effectively use it. While there is increasing adoption of point cloud data, many users struggle to fully integrate this new content in their workflows.
- What is the difference between photogrammetrically-derived point clouds and point clouds collected by airborne LiDAR sensors?
- How can I use this data to take accurate 3D measurements?
- Point clouds are 3D data. How can I best visualize them? Do I need special software?
- How is this different from traditional elevation sources?
- What are RGB-encoded point clouds?