Sanjay Gangal is the President of IBSystems, the parent company of AECCafe.com, MCADCafe, EDACafe.Com, GISCafe.Com, and ShareCG.Com.
ESRI International User Conference Coverage
July 9th, 2010 by Sanjay Gangal
We are recording video interviews at the ESRI UC in San Diego on July 13th and 14th in our studio inside the exhibition hall. Here are some of the companies that have signed up for an interview:
- 3-GIS (booth #2606) will demonstrate its Express Solution suite of products, an ArcGIS Server-based set of mapping tools that includes Network Express, a web-based editing, querying, plotting and reporting tool; Field Express Chameleon, a light field-based conformal application; and Express Conductor, the back office server component.
- Accela (booth # 1917) will unveil new GIS functionality that extends geodatabase editing to field-based government teams – allowing them to dynamically add the locations and properties of their public-works and infrastructure assets on the spot in real time. This workflow-embedded GIS capability is designed to help teams build and maintain a highly accurate geodatabase, resulting in better asset maintenance, greater team efficiency, and reduced costs.In addition, Accela will present an ESRI UC session titled “How GIS-Infused Mobile Solutions Help Local Governments Meet Tough Challenges”, illustrating how Charlotte County, Fla., Westminster, Colo., and McAllen, Texas, have leveraged GIS-infused mobile solutions to boost efficiency and accuracy for a range of services. The presentation will take place Thursday, July 15, 1:30 – 2:45 p.m., Room 23-C, San Diego Convention Center.
- Ashtech (booth #2715) is unveiling the newest generation of handheld mapping devices which they consider to be a breakthrough in handheld accuracy
- Avenza Systems Inc. (booth #1615)
- Blue Marble Geographics (booth#816) will demonstrate its newest release of the Blue Marble Desktop version 2.2, featuring support for raster Digital Elevation Models (DEM) like Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED) and USGS Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS). The new Desktop version also includes enhanced batch file processing features, such as a new batch interface for point data conversions and the ability to use an unlimited number of Desktop jobs in a batch conversion.
- Carlson Software has introduced Surveyor+ GPS System. It’s the lowest priced, most flexible solution of its kind for accurate, RTK data collection from either cellular-based reference stations or base-to-rover systems.
- CarteGraph (booth #2118)
- Cityworks (booth #2301)
- Contex (booth #531) is offering a series of educational webinars:
- Everything You Need For Large Format Scanning
- The Contex Family of Solutions
- Using Wiseimage With Your Contex Wide Format Scanner (w/ EDA)
- DigitalGlobe (booth #613)
- earthmine (booth #2530)
- Global Marketing Insights (booth #1706)
- IBM (booth #2517)
- IkeGPS / SurveyLab is offering special pricing on ikeGPS instruments at the conference.
- Intermap Technologies (booth #1601)
- ITT (booth #1515)
- Juniper Systems, Inc. (booth #819)
- LizardTech (booth #810)
- Navteq (booth #1501)
- Oce North America, Inc. (booth #2507) announces the new Océ ColorWave® 300 Top Delivery Tray. This is the world’s first stacker that stacks many types of inkjet media on top of the printer, reducing space requirements to a minimum.
- ORACLE (booth #3001)
- PCI Geomatics (booth #2437) – Peter Hazlett, Product Manager at PCI Geomatics will be speaking to attendees on July 13th about GeoImaging Tools – a new suite of tools allowing users to import accurate imagery from multiple sources in their ArcGIS™ workflows. These highly automated tools for correcting raw satellite imagery were designed specifically for GIS users in mind.In addition on July 14, Mike Hollis , President of PCI Geomatics USA will present, “Imagery for Successful Operations” highlighting an MGCP project focused on automated processing by using PCI’s GeoImaging Accelerator (GXL).
- Pictometry Inc (booth #2617)
- QCoherent Software LLC (booth #2719)
- RapidEye (booth #1617)
- Safe Software (booth #2706)
- Sanborn (booth #2200)
- SPOT Image Corporation (booth #2417)
- Telcordia (booth #2901)
- TeleAtlas (booth #2701)
- Telvent (booth #2201)
- Topcon Positioning Systems (TPS) (booth #2115) will provide an educational presentation and demonstrations, including a ‘ride-and-drive’. The events are created to demonstrate technologies to increase the speed, safety and cost-savings of GIS data collection.
- Trimble (booth #1711)
- Valtus Imagery Services (booth #2526)
- WeoGeo (booth #2716)
Many of these companies have major announcements at the conference. Check my blog next week for an update.