Susan Smith has worked as an editor and writer in the technology industry for over 16 years. As an editor she has been responsible for the launch of a number of technology trade publications, both in print and online. Currently, Susan is the Editor of GISCafe and AECCafe, as well as those sites’ … More »
Sizzling new offerings from HP
May 10th, 2012 by Susan Smith
It seems that HP has invested in its hardware division big time with several unveilings this week, including notebook PCs, the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer, Ultrabook and Sleekbook offerings as well as for businesses, the HP t410 All-in-One (AiO) Smart Zero Client.
HP Pavilion notebook PCs include enhanced features and reflect the company’s new HP Mosaic design approach.
From the press release: The company also unveiled the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer, featuring HP wireless direct printing (1) and HP ePrint, enabling users to print from virtually anywhere.(2)
- For stylish on-the-go computing, the HP Pavilion m6 is the ideal balance of mobility, performance and entertainment wrapped in a sleek, brushed silver aluminum design.
- The redesigned HP Pavilion dv-series and g-series notebook PCs offer performance in a simple yet distinct and colorful design.
- For users that want to balance affordable printing and brilliant quality at home, the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One is a compact, web-connected all-in-one printer for the home.
HP expanded its award-winning notebook portfolio with thin and light Ultrabook™ systems and Sleekbooks packed with the latest technologies for both consumer and business demands.
New additions to the HP collection include:
- The HP ENVY SpectreXT is an ultramobile premium Ultrabook that delivers an overall premium experience with extraordinary design and performance.
- Offering both style and substance, HP ENVY Sleekbooks and HP ENVY Ultrabook systems provide the ultimate entertainment experience in 14-inch and 15.6-inch diagonal display options.
- The enterprise-ready HP EliteBook Folio 9470m was built from the ground up to be everything a business Ultrabook should be, with the security, manageability and reliability features IT demands.
- HP Z220 Workstations and HP EliteBook Mobile Workstations with professional-class features;
- HP Officejet 150 Mobile All-in-One, the world’s first mobile all-in-one printer,(1) and an ideal companion for business professionals who need a compact, durable solution for printing, scanning and copying while on the go; and
- Four new HP LaserJet printers and an HP Scanjet, providing small and medium businesses (SMBs) and enterprise customers professional-quality documents and fast print speeds, along with the ability to extend the office beyond its physical location.
- New Ultrabook systems for business — including the HP EliteBook Folio 9470m, HP’s first no-compromise Ultrabook for business users — which deliver the style and simplicity users demand, combined with security and manageability to help businesses keep control of their IT.
- HP EliteBook p-series notebooks that are designed to MIL-STD 810G testing for vibration, dust, altitude, temperature and drops.(1) The new series features the HP EliteBook 2170p, the smallest, lightest HP business notebook, as well as new additions to the highly configurable HP ProBook b-series and the redesigned HP ProBook s-series.
- Four desktop PC series — the HP Compaq Pro 4300 Business Desktop and All-in-One PC, the HP Compaq Pro 6300 and the HP Compaq Elite 8300 — balancing secure manageability, flexibility and trusted reliability.
- New commercial displays, including the HP Compaq L2206tm multitouch-enabled monitor and the HP Compaq LA2405x LED backlit monitor.
- New software solutions, including HP Premier Image(2) for a cleaner, faster user experience with streamlined deployment and HP BIOS Protection,(3) which offers hardware-level protection against virus attacks and other security threats to meet National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines.
Among the products announced for businesses are:
- The HP t410 All-in-One (AiO) Smart Zero Client, featuring new and innovative one-wire Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology while still providing outstanding multimedia performance and a true PC-like experience.
- The highly customizable HP RP7 all-in-one retail system with a sleek and stylish design that fits into a variety of retail settings.
- The HP L6015tm and L6017tm Retail Touch Monitors with multitouch projected capacitive screens for retail and hospitality environments, and the HP L6010 non-touch Retail Monitor for use as a customer or associate-facing display.
- New high-performance HP Z220 Workstations and HP EliteBook Mobile Workstations, packed with reliable and professional-class features.
Tags: computer, geospatial, GIS, Hewlett-Packard, HP, laptop, netbook, notebook, printer
Categories: hardware, HP