CEO Greg Bentley held a press briefing on October 20 at the Be Inspired event in Amsterdam, where he made several announcements: one being the launch of the Bentley Infrastructure 500 – modeled after Fortune 500 – which would identify Bentley customers who are especially successful. Bentley said their business represents $13 trillion in revenue.
This determination is made based on reported net tangible fixed assets – the balance sheet view of the infrastructure. “
These are some of the facts about the companies:
- 92 of top 100 are Bentley Subscribers
- 61 of the top 100 have adopted ProjectWise
- 40 of the top 100 have adopted Navigator
Most top candidates are private companies, coming from geographically diverse locations – all over the world.
The economy is a player in this situation – during a year like this one, the exchange rate is volatile. Many public entities are valued based on cost and others may be valued for what they could sell for. Because of the economy, many infrastructure companies have been working off backlog and have been resourceful in this way. Bentley said this may coincide with employment statistics.
He went on to say that “flat” pretty much describes Bentley’s financial growth right now.
Revenues went down almost 10% in 2009. In 2010 to date, revenues have been reported to be “within sight of 2008 revenues. By the end of the year Bentley predicts their run rate will be back to what it was before 2009. “Maybe our organic growth is the new growth,” he said.
New Bentley products coming up:
- The V8i portfolio extends through various disciplines and operations.
- OpenPlant Modeler extends breadth of applications offerings.
- Navigator v8i addresses information modeling in construction – constructors want to resolve conflicts with “dynamic collaboration”. New functionality in upcoming release will deliver bidirectional schedule synchronization with Microsoft Project or Primavera and introduces new markup templates.
- Interest in 3D cities requires the ability to relate information together in a BIM model.
- Civil Engineer for Geotechnical Analysis passport subscription – geotechnical professionals will get to pick from a variety of modules from a dashboard – cantilever wall, spread footing, slope stability, etc.
- ProjectWise v8i SelectSeries 3 introduces a Navigator web part to view i-models in a browser or SharePoint 2010 web parts.
- ProjectWise Dynamic Plot v8i SelectSeries 2 enables dynamic plots to be published from PDFs as well as from DGNS and DWGs.
-ConstructSIM will be integrated with ProjectWise Navigator in the next release.
- Bentley Substation v8i is a standalone application with deeper integration with ProjectWise to increase enterprise support for i-models. It also includes embedded point cloud capability.
- Bentley Pipe Renewal Planner