In the United States alone, geospatial data and services are estimated to generate $1.6 trillion annually.
Archive for the ‘OGC’ Category
In a conversation with George Demmy, CTO of TerraGo, GISCafe Voice learned about the release of OpenGeoPDF technology, now available with TerraGo Publisher for ArcGIS, TerraGo Composer and TerraGo Toolbar.
The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) calls for participation in a major interoperability testbed, OWS-9. OWS-9 builds on the outcomes of prior OGC initiatives.
Responses are due by 5 pm EST on April 6, 2012.
A bidders’ teleconference will be held on March 9, 2012. More information at the URL below.
The Point of Contact is Nadine Alameh: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OWS-9 sponsors are:
- AGC (Army Geospatial Center, US Army Corps of Engineers)
- CREAF-GeoViQua-EC (CREAF is the European Center for Research in Ecology and Forestry Applications)
- FAA (US Federal Aviation Administration)
- GeoConnections – Natural Resources Canada
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- NASA (US National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
- NGA (US National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency)
- USGS (US Geological Survey)