Jeff Wood – vice president, WW Product Management, Workstation and Thin Client Business HP and Josh Peterson- director, WW Product Management, Workstation and Thin Client Business, HP met with the press in a virtual press briefing prior to the announcement of the new HP Z240 Tower and Z240 SFF Workstations with next generation Intel processors and HP Z Turbo Drive options, raising the bar for entry-level workstations, while providing the reliability of a workstation at the price point of a desktop PC.
Posts Tagged ‘HP’
Hewlett-Packard Co said it would split into two listed companies, separating its computer and printer businesses from its corporate hardware and services operations, thereby eliminating another 5,000 jobs that would be part of its “turnaround plan.” The company currently has over 300,000 employees.
Brian Sahr, Future Product Marketing Manager, HP LaserJet and Enterprise Solutions, talked last week about the new release of the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M476 color laser device, delivering simple wireless printing from smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, available this spring. The new MFP M476 addresses the following four key trends in the industry:
1) Mobility — A number of workers are going to mobility. 70% of the worldwide workforce is now mobile. That’s changing how people want to interact.
2) Cloud and big data – Most information now is in the cloud. From the printing and imaging standpoint, customers want to scan to the cloud and bring information into the cloud. (more…)
It seems that HP has invested in its hardware division big time with several unveilings this week, including notebook PCs, the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer, Ultrabook and Sleekbook offerings as well as for businesses, the HP t410 All-in-One (AiO) Smart Zero Client.
HP Pavilion notebook PCs include enhanced features and reflect the company’s new HP Mosaic design approach.
From the press release: The company also unveiled the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer, featuring HP wireless direct printing (1) and HP ePrint, enabling users to print from virtually anywhere.(2)
- For stylish on-the-go computing, the HP Pavilion m6 is the ideal balance of mobility, performance and entertainment wrapped in a sleek, brushed silver aluminum design.
- The redesigned HP Pavilion dv-series and g-series notebook PCs offer performance in a simple yet distinct and colorful design.
- For users that want to balance affordable printing and brilliant quality at home, the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One is a compact, web-connected all-in-one printer for the home.