Location intelligence technologies are a ubiquitous part of business, both retail and commercial. A powerful tool at their disposal is the Census Business Builder – Small Business Edition as well as their Regional Analyst Edition. These are innovative, simple-to-use cloud-hosted mapping applications that allow users to easily navigate and use U.S. Census Bureau key demographic and economic data to help guide their research into opening a new, or expanding an existing, business. The tool dynamically combines Census geography and data, such as:
- Demographic, socioeconomic, and housing data from the American Community Survey;
- Business data from the County Business Patters, Non-employer Statistics, Economic Census, and Survey of Business Owners;
- Imports and Exports data from the International Trade program;
- Consumer Spending data from Esri;
- Your own data via Excel file upload feature.