Mobile GIS & LBS
Matt holds an MSc in Geography and GIS. He has been working with clients solving problems with GIS for over 17 years. Matt founded WebMapSolutions whose mission is to put innovative, intuitive GIS driven applications into the hands of new and existing users.
Best Real Estate Sites on the Web
February 26th, 2016 by Matt Sheehan
As a technology company focused on real estate we always like to applaud others work. Case in point is the Web site we show in the video below:
As we show, these guys have done a great job providing a one stop shop for prospective buyers looking, in this case, for properties in Manhattan. We love how they use the map to help orient prospective buyers, providing the location context that so many real estate sites lack.
This site we feel demonstrates elements all real estate sites should include:
1) An interactive map always displayed with property information showing property location and other information useful to prospective buyers (schools, competition, public transportation information etc)
2) In this example we love the clustering map showing concentrations of available properties
3) Simple property summary text and images, with broker/listing agency prominently displayed.
4) An attractive print option.
5) The ability to save or bookmark individual property information.
Though we did not build this web site, developing sites like this which blend in map and location data is at the core of our work with real estate clients. Well done StreetEasy.
Contact us for more information on 801-733-0723.