Sanjay Gangal is the President of IBSystems, the parent company of AECCafe.com, MCADCafe, EDACafe.Com, GISCafe.Com, and ShareCG.Com.
ikeGPS and PLS-POLE Webinar
March 6th, 2012 by Sanjay Gangal
Article source: ikeGPS
ikeGPS held a webinar on February 14, 2012 with their partners Dulhunty Power and Power Line Systems. This webinar includes information about ikeGPS and PLS-Pole.
ikeGPS is a GIS data capture solution that fully integrates a camera, laser rangefinder, 3D compass, sub-meter GPS, on-board computer and measurement software.
This integration is unique in the mobile GIS industry and provides data capture AND measurement capability that cannot be achieved by other devices or a combination of other devices.
With a single click ikeGPS captures:
- The target GPS position
- The user’s local GPS position
- The distance to the target via the laser rangefinder
- The bearing and relative altitude of the object via a 3D compass
- A high resolution photo of the target, with cross hairs embedded in the image to verify the exact point of measurement
- A TrueSize image of the target that can be measured via on-board photogrammetry software. Use this image to accurately measure heights, widths, surface areas, volumes, attachment points and more
- Multiple data file types that easily integrate into ESRI, Google Earth and any other GIS and backend systems
ikeGPS is simple to use and has workflow-oriented solutions for field data capture across many industries:
- Utilities and Telecommunications (learn more)
- Oil and Gas Exploration and Asset Management (learn more)
- Military Engineering and Demining (learn more)
- Local Governments Tax Assessment and Asset Management (learn more)
- Disaster Management and Environmental Response (learn more)
Tags: 3D, ikeGPS, ikeSolutions Pole Audit, Mobile Device, Moile GIS, PLS CAD, PLS Pole, Powerline Systems, Surveylab. ike1000