[ Order This
Managing AutoCAD in the Design Firm: A Manual for Architects and Interior Designers
Author: Vagts, Karen A.
List Price: $29.95
Published by Addison Wesley
Date Published: 01/1996
Effective management--not technical wizardry--is the key to maximizing the
benefits of AutoCADr. In Managing AutoCAD in the Design Firm,
Karen Vagts, a trained interior designer with a graduate degree in management,
guides you through a careful examination of the issues involved in implementing
AutoCAD effectively in your practice.
Managing AutoCAD in the Design Firm focuses on the relationship between
CAD and the very specific standards and procedures that architects, interior
designers, project managers, and other members of the architecture/design
community apply in their normal practice.
- Includes a novice-friendly, comprehensive discussion of configuring and
customizing AutoCAD for design offices and guidelines for incorporating AutoCAD
into the design process.
- Presents a detailed analysis on the specific uses on AutoCAD in architecture
and interior design, including: ADA compliance; area takeoffs; commercial
symbol libraries; government work; historic preservation; desktop publishing
with AutoCAD; and modeling in AutoCAD.
- Provides hard-to-find information on the impact of AutoCAD on crucial
business issues like project scheduling, design fees, marketing, liability,
copyright protection, and personnel policies.
- Formulates guidelines for AutoCAD administration and the management of
- Includes a valuable glossary and an extensive guide to additional AutoCAD
Managing AutoCAD in the Design Firm provides you with a practical
framework for incorporating AutoCAD, or any CAD program, effectively and
profitably into the overall design process.