Politicians, CEOs, Founders, VCs and More Will Help Define "The Data Frame"; Program Eschews Panels, Focuses on Conversations & Short, High Impact PresentationsSAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 7, 2011 — (PRNewswire) — Today Web 2.0 Summit, co-produced by Federated Media, O'Reilly Media and UBM TechWeb, announce new additions to the list of speakers who will take the stage at this year's event. Program Chair, John Battelle, Executive Chairman of Federated Media and Tim O'Reilly, CEO of O'Reilly Media, have confirmed a line-up of industry thought leaders who will focus on this year's theme: The Data Frame. Web 2.0 Summit takes place October 17-19, 2011 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco. For more information visit, http://www.web2summit.com/.
This year's event welcomes executives shaping today's social and consumer environments from companies like Facebook, Twitter, Zynga, foursquare, salesforce.com, Dell, Google, Yahoo!, Groupon, American Express, and more. The following new speakers are scheduled to take the stage at Web 2.0 Summit, with more to come, joining a prestigious list of those already confirmed:
- Dr. Ann Cavoukian, Commissioner, Office of Information & Privacy, Ontario
- Frank Cooper, CMO, Global Consumer Engagement, PepsiCo, Inc.
- Ashley Dombkowski, Chief Business Officer, 23andMe
- John Donahoe, President & CEO, eBay
- Thomas Drake, Founder & Senior Leader, Knowpari Systems, LLC
- Bill Gross, Founder & CEO, Idealab
- Ben Horowitz, Co-founder & General Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
- Aileen Lee, Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Alison Lewis, SVP Marketing, North America, The Coca-Cola Company
- Bill Maris, Managing Partner, Google Ventures
- Paul Otellini, CEO, Intel Corporation
- John Partridge, President, Visa Inc.
- Mark Pincus, CEO & Founder, Zynga
- Chris Poole, Founder, 4chan & Canvas
- Brad Rencher, SVP & GM, Omniture Business Unit, Adobe Systems Incorporated
- Michael Roth, Chairman & CEO, Interpublic
- Dan Shulman, Group President, Enterprise Growth, American Express Company
- Shiv Singh, Global Head of Digital, PepsiCo Beverages
- Bret Taylor, CTO, Facebook
- Jack Tretton, President & CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment of America
- David Vladeck, Director of the Bureau of Consumer Protection, Federal Trade Commission
- Susan Wojcicki, SVP Advertising, Google
- Ron Wyden, U.S. Senator, Oregon
In addition these speakers have confirmed to date, as part of the initial program line-up:
- Steve Ballmer, CEO, Microsoft
- Genevieve Bell, Director of Interaction & Experience Research Group, Intel Corporation
- Marc Benioff, CEO, salesforce.com
- Stanley Kirk Burrell, MC Hammer, Co-Founder CEO, Alchemist MMA
- Tony Conrad, Founder, True Ventures, about.me & Sphere
- Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter
- Dennis Crowley, Co-founder, Foursquare
- Michael Dell, CEO, Dell Inc.
- Gil Elbaz, Founder, Factual
- James Gleick, Author, The Information
- Vic Gundotra, SVP Engineering, Google
- Reid Hoffman, Co-Founder & Executive Chairman, LinkedIn & Partner, Greylock
- David Hornik, Partner, August Capital
- Ross Levinsohn, EVP Americas, Yahoo!
- Andrew Mason, Founder, Groupon
- Hilary Mason, Chief Scientist, Bit.ly
- Mary Meeker, Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Jeremie Miller, Founder, Singly & the Locker Project
- Richard Rosenblatt, Co-founder, Chairman & CEO, Demand Media
- Peter Vesterbacka, Mighty Eagle, Rovio
- Tim Westergren, Founder & Chief Strategy Officer, Pandora
"This year's theme focuses on the extraordinary role of data in the global economy," said John Battelle, Web 2.0 Summit program chair. "All companies, including those who may not initially present themselves as 'traditional Internet businesses,' are leveraging data - or they should be. And the issues of how data is used have now exploded into the policy arena. The leaders, policymakers, founders, and capitalists driving this conversation will all be on stage at Web 2.0 Summit this year."
In its eighth year, Web 2.0 Summit spotlights " The Data Frame," analyzing the impact of data to understand and discuss the future of the Web. The three day program will feature companies and speakers examining the matrix of data and will include two new program elements: Pivots, which will present thematic five minute sessions that express new ideas extracted from data, and a complete absence of panels, in favor of more rapid fire presentations and one-on-one conversations.
Map Update: The Data Layer
Web 2.0 Summit is also announcing a new layer to the Web 2.0 Map which reflects the "Points of Control" within the Internet economy. The new data layer will visualize the amount and types of data controlled by major Internet players. Categories of data include Purchase, Search, Social, Interest, Location and Content. Web 2.0 Summit's data layer sponsor, Nielsen, will be providing data, which will be presented in the form of cities and buildings on an updated image. The map will be released leading up to the event.
Attendance at Web 2.0 Summit is limited, to maintain an intimate setting and foster dialog among participants. Interested parties may register to attend at: http://web2summit.com. Media credentials are extended by invitation only. Sponsors of the event include Diamond sponsor, Adobe; Platinum sponsor, Bing; Insights sponsor, Nielsen; Silver sponsor, Yahoo!; Bronze sponsor, MyLife; Livestream sponsor, HP; and Supporting sponsors, Datran Media, Pepsi Co., Roamz and Tagged.
Video from Summit 2010:
O'Reilly Media, Inc, spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly has been a chronicler and catalyst of leading-edge development, honing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
UBM TechWeb, the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14.5 million business and technology professionals (CIOs and IT managers, Web & Digital professionals, Software Developers, Government decision makers, and Telecom providers) actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly. UBM TechWeb brands include: global face-to-face events such as Interop, Web 2.0, Black Hat and Enterprise Connect; award-winning online resources such as InformationWeek, Light Reading, and Network Computing; and market-leading magazines InformationWeek, Wall Street & Technology, and Advanced Trading. UBM TechWeb is a part of UBM plc, one of the world's largest media businesses as a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion .