September 20, 2011 -- IDV Solutions today announced the release of Visual Command Center (VCC), a visualization solution for physical security information management (PSIM). The Michigan company announced the new offering at the ASIS International conference for security professionals in Orlando, Fl.
Built on the company’s Visual Fusion data visualization software, the new solution unites data from multiple security devices and data sources into a comprehensive real-time view, providing security professionals with the context needed to make decisions and respond more quickly to emergencies.
The high-value solution provides everything needed to create and implement a complete security application out of the box, including:
- Ready-to-use interfaces for Silverlight and iPad applications
- Connectors for popular data sources, including SQL Server, Oracle, Bing Maps Web Services and the Open Data Protocol
- Deep integration with Microsoft’s SharePoint content management software
- Fetch!, a mobile access application that lets users get critical security information through mobile devices
- Public and third party data sources, including live feeds for weather, global news, disaster alerts, and traffic data and cameras, plus political boundaries, demographic data, and the locations of public assets like police and fire services, hospitals, schools, and transportation hubs
Organizations can use VCC to consolidate output from devices like video cameras, card readers, sensors, and GPS units into a common operating picture with enterprise data and web feeds, floor plans, and other data. All data is visualized in the context of a map, timeline, and analytics.
A unique benefit included with VCC is a best-practices demonstration and discussion with professionals from Microsoft’s Global Security Operations Centers (GSOCs), where security teams rely on Visual Fusion to help them monitor company facilities around the world.
“Visual Command Center expands on the work we’ve done with Microsoft, and the feedback we’ve had from many security managers. It brings a situational awareness solution in reach for a wide variety of organizations,” said IDV CEO Mark Morrison. “With VCC, they can hit the ground running and get more value out of their current security systems.”
Visual Fusion security solutions are also used by U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Pfizer, Tiffany & Co., and others. IDV provides an on-site consultation with each VCC implementation, enabling organizations to set up the solution and begin using it in as little as a week.
About IDV Solutions
IDV Solutions is a data visualization software company committed to helping organizations gain more insight from data. By repeatedly solving key problems for customers in the Global 2000 and government, IDV and its products have earned a reputation for innovation, speed, and the highest quality user experience. For more information, please visit http://www.idvsolutions.com