October 26, 2011 -- Carmenta today announced that Carmenta Engine 5.2 is now shipping.
New functionality includes:
- Carmenta Engine 64-bit version. Support for building native 64-bit applications on 64-bit Windows versions. This means that Carmenta Engine now can operate with other 64-bit components (such as 64-bit databases) in applications. Another advantage is that 64-bit applications can allocate more than 3 GB of internal memory. This can lead to significant performance improvements, since applications can store larger quantities of data in the fast internal memory.
- Nautical Charts according to S57 and S52 Standards. Carmenta Engine 5.2 introduces a new extension that enables real time reading and rendering of nautical charts according to the International Hydrographic Organization’s S57 and S52 standards.
- Real-Time Label and Symbol Deconfliction. It is now possible to use the Carmenta Engine’s sophisticated text and symbol placement algorithms in real-time and in ‘moving map’ systems.
- STANAG 2019 APP-6B Tactical Symbology Support.
- Coordinate Formatting and Parsing Utilities. Handy methods for handling coordinate strings, e.g. longitude/latitude to/from MGRS notation.
- Geographic JPEG 2000 Support.
- OGC WCS Support. Read OGC coverage data (i.e. raster data) directly from map servers that implement the Open Geospatial Consortium Web Coverage Service (WCS) standard.
For comprehensive information about this new release, please read the What’s New In Carmenta Engine 5.2 document.