November 01, 2011 -- Snowflake Software, has today announced the launch of a new major release of its flagship GO Publisher product.
Building on its GO Publisher 1.4 predecessor, GO Publisher 2.0 has been built with input and contribution from the existing GO Publisher customer community via its Early Access Programme.
Containing over 50 improvements, GO Publisher 2.0 is a major new release for existing customers and any new customers looking to publish data.
Key new features include:
- Web Feature Service (WFS) 2.0 for INSPIRE Compliance
- Integrated data validation
- Temporal and stored queries
- High end scalability with two-Stage WFS deployment
- XML schema viewer
- Enhanced security for data over WFS
- Additional platform support
- Productivity enhancements
- Advanced configuration
Eddie Curtis, CTO and Product Manager comments:
“The improvements delivered within GO Publisher 2.0 offer huge advancements for publishing data - from increased productivity, high scalability, tighter security and to up-to-date compliance with legislation requirements such as INSPIRE. Hence this release warrants the title of a ‘major release’.”
“This is the first major release under our new agile development process. As such it has given us greater flexibility to deliver customer requirements and suggestions, and involve our Early Access users in the product testing itself.”
Existing customers will be contacted independently with details on how to upgrade to this new version. Anyone interested in finding out more about GO Publisher 2.0 should take a look at the launch micro site: www.snowflakesoftware.com/gopublisher2/
About GO Publisher
GO Publisher is part of the data exchange suite of tools from Snowflake Software which enables data publication from the database to open standards:
- Publish data files from your database with GO Publisher Desktop
- Automate bulk data delivery and integrate as part of your order system
- Deliver data via web services to single or multiple concurrent users
- Visualise data in consumer mapping applications such as Google Earth
About Snowflake Software
Snowflake Software, the ‘Data eXchange Company’, provide commercial off the shelf software products, services and training that facilitate data exchange and interoperability within the Data Provider, INSPIRE, Defence and Aviation markets. Snowflake’s unique off the shelf GO Loader and GO Publisher products enable organisations to exchange data by wrapping existing legacy infrastructure with open standards.