November 25, 2011 -- TatukGIS announces support for the IBM DB2 Spatial Extender and IBM Informix Spatial DataBlade data types in its Developer Kernel Enterprise edition, desktop GIS Editor, and free GIS Viewer products. As
with other supported spatial databases, the support is direct (without use of any middleware) and includes:
- Reading/writing/editing vector map layer geometry and attributes.
- Creation of new tables and importing data into the tables.
- Use of spatial operators for server-side spatial queries (based on the DE-9IM model).
- Utilization of server side spatial indexes.
With the addition of the IBM spatial data types, TatukGIS now supports the following advanced spatial databases:
- Microsoft SQL Spatial
- Oracle Spatial/Locator & Oracle GeoRaster
- ESRI ArcSDE & ESRI SDE Raster
- MapInfo SpatialWare
- IBM DB2 Spatial Extender
- IBM Informix Spatial DataBlade
The TatukGIS Developer Kernel is a comprehensive software development kit (SDK) for the custom development of stand-alone, client-server, and embedded GIS applications. The TatukGIS Editor is a highly customizable (with scripts) general purpose GIS desktop application. The TatukGIS Viewer is perhaps the world’s best free GIS desktop viewer. For more about TatukGIS, refer to www.tatukgis.com.