Map Updates At www.navigation.com Make the Perfect Gift For Navigation UsersCHICAGO, Dec. 14, 2011 — (PRNewswire) — NAVTEQ, the leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world, suggests the gift of a Map Update to give to current or soon-to-be users of navigation devices. A Map Update empowers navigation systems to maintain optimum performance with information on the current road network and important places data like Points of Interest (POIs) for use in in-vehicle and portable navigation devices.
Here are NAVTEQ's top ten reasons to give the gift of a Map Update this holiday season:
- Stress-Free Driving – Help calm nerves with a Map Update that arms drivers with the most current and necessary knowledge on the road network to allow them to drive with ease – both in choosing the best route to take and knowing the length of travel time.
- Alternative Green Driving – In need of an environmentally-friendly gift this year? If so, using navigation on a regular basis can lower CO2 emissions by 20 percent over the amount that the average non-navigation user emits per year. A Map Update offers the most up-to-date road network to support the most accurate routing.
- Gas Savings– While a gas card is a nice present, it runs out quickly as gas prices continue to rise. Using a navigation device is a gift that keeps on giving by increasing fuel efficiency up to 12 percent. Regular users of navigation systems can save approximately $330.00 a year and a Map Update could improve your savings by providing the most up-to-date routes.
- Unique Holiday Present – Can't find a gift for the person that has everything? Then look no further as those that already have a navigation device are in luck! A Map Update is a gift for the person that needs something uniquely special and will remind them of you every time they use it.
- Car Repair Savings – Have car repairs burnt a hole through your loved one's wallet? If so, using navigation on a regular basis can decrease driving of nearly 1,500 fewer miles per year per driver and is estimated to save up to 4.9 million tires annually from disposal due to the decrease in wear and tear. Not only will they know where they are going but their car will be better for it.
- A Car Enthusiast's Hot Stocking Stuffer – Needing the latest and greatest for a car enthusiast? If so, then a Map Update is an easy and fun way to update their navigation system to help them feel more confident and savvy every time they get behind the wheel.
- Time Savings – Are your friends never on time? Is your family always late for holiday parties? Make sure navigation is working at peak efficiency and by giving a map update time could be saved with knowing the most current roads and places of interest.
- Outsmarting That Backseat Driver – Want to help your friend get rid of their backseat know-it-all driver? Using navigation with the most updated map will allow them to say they don't need a second driver. They'll thank you for the knowledge and confidence in the end.
- Drive In The Present – We all have that friend that gets lost all the time and road networks and points of interest cause additional confusion as they constantly change. A Map Update offers the most current and necessary knowledge in getting to the destination with navigation.
- Family Safety – Help keep loved ones stay safe by powering up their navigation device with the most recent Map Update, helping take the worry out of getting lost in unknown areas when traveling.
NAVTEQ is known around the world for high quality maps. More than 2 million changes are made to the database every day to keep it as fresh as possible. For more information or to purchase a Map Update through your navigation device provider, please visit: www.navigation.com.
NAVTEQ is the leading global provider of location content in the form of maps, traffic and places data that enables navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world. NAVTEQ supplies precise, comprehensive location content to power automotive navigation systems, portable and wireless devices, Internet-based mapping applications and government and business solutions. The Chicago-based company was founded in 1985 and has approximately 5,800 employees located in 200 offices in 54 countries.
For more information on NAVTEQ, please visit http://corporate.navteq.com . This NAVTEQ press release and other news is available at http://press.navteq.com. Join NAVTEQ on Facebook at facebook.com/ NAVTEQCompany and Twitter at @NAVTEQ.
NAVTEQ is a trademark in the U.S. and other countries. All rights reserved.
CONTACT: Stefanie Schumann of NAVTEQ
Bob Richter, for NAVTEQ