In the Safety/Testing sessions, Visteon lighting specialists will discuss innovative approaches to exterior lighting. Additionally, lighting director Rainer Neumann, Ph.D., will present a paper titled "Future Opportunities with LED Front Lighting." Also during this year's event, Dr. Neumann will chair the Automotive Lighting Technology Conference and receive a 2012 SAE Lloyd L. Withrow Distinguished Speaker Award for receiving an oral presentation award at the SAE Congress more than twice over the past years.
Also as part of the Safety/Testing sessions, Visteon experts in human-machine interaction (HMI) will address human factors in driving and automotive telematics during two presentations and as part of a panel discussion. The topics will center on how a well-designed and regionally tested HMI system can reduce the time a driver needs to operate vehicle controls.
During the Electronics technical session, Visteon product experts will present papers on in-vehicle software and multimedia systems. These presentations will address next-generation audio products that support new energy-efficient vehicle designs and integrate the latest consumer electronics features.
The Emissions/Environment/Sustainability session includes a Visteon presentation covering the benefits to the vehicle's climate system of using an internal heat exchanger developed to support environmentally friendly refrigerants.
The SAE World Congress includes technical experts from Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems, Co. Ltd. who will talk about advancements in seamless passenger air bag deployment, while Halla Climate Control experts will discuss advantages of a slant louver fin for automotive heat exchangers.
In addition to the product-related presentations, Visteon will demonstrate its Six Sigma expertise and provide examples of how this quality system has benefited the company. These sessions focus on modifying a corporate culture to constantly drive design and manufacturing improvements, and how to deploy such changes using Six Sigma techniques.
Below in chronological order are the scheduled presentations by Visteon and its joint ventures and affiliates at the 2012 SAE World Congress:
Tuesday, April 24
- "Advanced Firmware Device Manager for Automotive: A Case Study," by Joao Silva, Ph.D., technical fellow – 10 a.m., Room D0-02A.
- "Making Six Sigma a Cultural Norm," by Lisa Miller, global continuous improvement manager, climate; and Jacob Frimenko, Ph.D., distinguished technical fellow – 10:20 a.m., Room D0-04A.
- "Secrets for Successful Six Sigma Deployment," by Jacob Frimenko, Ph.D., distinguished technical fellow – 10:40 a.m., Room D0-04A.
- "New Approaches for Low Voltage Audio System and Circuit Design," by Joe Tillo, Ph.D., technical fellow; Steve Tressler, product design engineer; and Johnathan Hanson, electronics engineer – 11:40 a.m., Room D0-03C.
- "Internal Heat Exchanger Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop Effect on System Performance and Compressor Discharge Temperature," by John Meyer, Ph.D., technical fellow – 1 p.m., Room O2-37.
- "Future Opportunities with LED Front Lighting," by Rainer Neumann, Ph.D., lighting director – 1:40 p.m., Room D3-18.
- "Simulation and Physical Measurement of Seamless Passenger Airbag Door Deployment," by Qing Guo and Bing Liu, Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems, Co. Ltd. – 1:40 p.m., Room D3-28.
- "Innovative Approaches to Global Demands of Exterior Signal Lighting," by Miroslav Kropac, Ph.D., lighting team leader; and Vladimir Kubena, lighting senior manager – 4:20 p.m., Room D3-18.
Thursday, April 26
- "An Exploration of Rapid Serial Visual Presentation for Automotive Applications," by Michael Tschirhart, Ph.D., human factors technical fellow; and Kathleen Ku, human factors engineer – 9:20 a.m., Room D3-17.
- "Regional Preferences in User Interaction Schemes for Automotive Touch Screen," by Michael Tschirhart, Ph.D., human factors technical fellow; John Kosinski, technical fellow; and Kathleen Ku, human factors engineer – 9:40 a.m., Room D3-17.
- Panel Discussion: "How to Meet Customer Demand in a High-Tech Future: The Impact of Telematics Demand on the Driver and the Vehicle," will include Michael Tschirhart as one of the three panelists.
- "Thermal, Hydraulic and Drainable Performances of Slant Louver Fin for Automobile Applications," by Hiechan Kang, Kunsan National University.; and Kwangil Kim, climate sub-division leader, Halla Climate Control Corp. (HCC) – 2 p.m., Room O2-43.
Visteon is a leading global automotive supplier that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative climate, electronic, interior and lighting products for vehicle manufacturers. With corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Michigan. (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Chelmsford, UK; the company has facilities in 27 countries and employs approximately 26,000 people. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
SOURCE Visteon Corporation
2012 SAE World Congress