The new offerings include:
- A new HP Officejet printer, four new HP LaserJet printers and an HP Scanjet providing small and medium businesses (SMB) and enterprise customers professional-quality documents and fast print speeds, along with the ability to extend the office beyond its physical location.
- Ten new and enhanced workflow solutions, applications and security offerings to increase efficiency, improve business processes and help businesses control and secure information-management processes.
- HP Digital Workflow Integration Services, an extension of HP Managed Print Services, which deliver powerful solution capabilities resulting in access to information by integrating back-end systems for real-time business-process optimization, and providing customers a single point of contact to manage the engagement.
"HP is overhauling our entire line of MFPs and today begins an onslaught of intelligent new web-enabled, cloud-enabled and solutions-enabled printing devices that meet the evolving business needs of our customers," said Ron Coughlin, senior vice president and general manager, LaserJet and Enterprise Solutions, HP. "By combining the strength of an innovative product portfolio, cloud capabilities, industry-leading management tools and a broad range of solutions, HP can meet the unique information management, workflow and printing needs of the smallest SMB up to the largest enterprise better than anyone else."
Improve flexibility with new printing and scanning products
The HP Officejet 150 Mobile All-in-One is the world's first mobile all-in-one printer(1) and an ideal companion for business professionals who need a compact, durable solution for printing, scanning and copying while on the go. It features built-in wireless Bluetooth® for printing from select notebooks and smartphones, and a long-lasting lithium-ion battery that provides enough power to print up to 500 pages on a full charge.
The HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401 is HP's new web-connected mono single-function laser printer, and the HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425 is the company's first web-connected mono laser multifunction printer (MFP). Both feature advanced connectivity that meets the expanding needs of fast-paced SMB environments, including support for all HP ePrint(2) solutions with new wireless direct capability, and support for Apple AirPrint(3) and Google CloudPrint, which allow employees to easily print from their smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere.(2) In addition, the 3.5-inch touchscreen control panel allows users to manage print functions and access business applications directly from the device.
The high-quality color HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color MFP M575 and the black-and-white HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525 feature a larger 8-inch, full-color touchscreen with HP Quick Sets for one-touch workflows. HP Quick Sets include send-to options directly on the control panel and allow users to preview, edit and zoom images for accurate results. HP FutureSmart 2 firmware enables businesses to simplify software updates and centrally manage tasks across their entire fleet with HP Web Jetadmin. The MFPs also support HP ePrint,(2) Apple AirPrint(3) and Google CloudPrint. HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology automatically turns the printer off when not in use, resulting in reduced energy use.(4)
HP printers are designed to work with Original HP supplies as a finely tuned print system that delivers high-quality text and true-to-life color documents with every page printed. Designed for optimal performance with minimal environmental impact, Original HP supplies offer superior reliability, which reduces the need to reprint, and many cartridges are made from recycled plastic.
The HP Scanjet Enterprise 7000 s2 has a compact desktop design with HP Precision Feed and AccuPage technologies to offer flawless and efficient performance, while the ability to "Scan to Sharepoint" and "Scan to Cloud" extends its capabilities beyond the desktop.
Manage information with HP Workflow Solutions
New mobile printing solutions include HP ePrint Software,(5) which enables PC printing to HP ePrinters at home or at work, and to HP ePrint Public Print Locations (PPL) when workers are on the go. The new HP Printer Control app enables users to manage device settings and supplies, and print, copy and scan wirelessly to the new HP ePrint-enabled printers. HP ePrint App for Apple and BlackBerry® enhances and replaces the popular HP ePrint Home & Biz App to enable users to more easily print from a smartphone or tablet, and receive intelligent recommendations on where to send prints.(1) The Universal Email Address for HP ePrint PPLs allow HP's large PPL network to publish and promote a single email address for mobile print jobs. Any end user connected to the internet with an email-capable device can send a print job to the email address and retrieve the print job at any of the PPLs.
To simplify workflows, HP Capture and Route provides a cost-effective way to digitize information so customers can find and retrieve documents faster than ever before. The HP Capture and Route solution enables users to easily convert paper documents into a variety of digital formats -- including Microsoft® Word .doc and .docx, JPG, PDF, RTF and TIF -- making it one-button simple to route information where it is needed.
HP and Kofax Communication Server is a centralized communications platform designed to ensure reliable exchange of business-critical messages among applications, devices and people. Additionally, customers can identify, track and log senders and recipients of incoming and outgoing email, SMS, MMS, voice and fax.
To ease manageability of the printing infrastructure, HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server provides high-speed wireless printing plus advanced enterprise-class security, enabling customers to place printers wherever needed, without wires,(6) while HP Web Jetadmin 10.3 provides enhanced performance, improved workflow management and additional device support for more control and ease of use. This fleet-management application is available at no additional cost, and is used for installing, configuring, troubleshooting and managing networked and PC-connected MFPs, printers and scanners.
Improve peace of mind with HP Security Solutions
Printing security is simplified with HP Imaging and Printing Security Center, an industry first in security management(7) that provides policy-based security for HP printing fleets, and now includes broader HP enterprise device support, enhanced fleet risk reporting, improved usability and HP Instant-On Security, which helps secure devices as soon as they are added to the network. The solution is now available for purchase through HP Managed Enterprise Solutions and HP Partner Document Solutions Specialists.
In addition, HP Access Control Printing Solutions has newly added features, including server-less pull printing, which can lower costs; dual-factor authentication, which adds an additional level to safeguard; and the ability to send jobs via email, which increases productivity. Now HP Access Control Printing Solutions are even easier to purchase via an Express or Professional bundle or modularly, and they offer secure print authentication and job accounting designed to help provide secure access to printing devices and information.
Pricing and availability(8)
- The HP Officejet 150 Mobile All-in-One is priced at $399 and is expected to begin shipping in June.
- The HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401n, M401dn and M401dw are priced $299, $399 and $499, respectively, and are expected to be available worldwide on June 1.
- The HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dn and M425dw are priced at $499 and $529, respectively, and are expected to be available worldwide on June 1.
- The HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525dn is priced at $1,799. The HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M425f is priced at $2,099. Both are expected to be available worldwide on June 1.
- The HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color MFP M575dn starts at $2,299. The HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color MFP M575f is priced at $2,699. Both are expected to be available worldwide June 1.
- The HP Scanjet Enterprise 7000 s2 is priced at $1,099 and is available worldwide immediately.
- HP solutions and services pricing and availability varies by company size and region.
For more information on today's announcements, please visit www.hp.com/go/ppsinfluencersummit2012
HP's premier client event, HP Discover , takes place June 4-7 in Las Vegas.