Android application and HP ePrint & Share features offer easy printing from virtually anywhere
WASHINGTON, D.C., May 17, 2012 — HP today announced new mobile and cloud-based printing solutions for its HP Designjet systems, including an HP ePrint & Share application for Android.(1)
On display at the American Institute of Architects 2012 National Convention, the new solutions and features make it easier for architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) professionals and firms to print large-format documents from virtually anywhere. They include:
- An HP ePrint & Share mobile application for Android smartphones and tablets, allowing more users to access, view and print drawings on the go.(1)
- New features for HP ePrint & Share, including the ability to print PDF files directly from e-mail and optimization for Apple iPad®.
- HP-enabled cloud printing, now available directly from Autodesk AutoCAD WS, only available with HP Designjet web-connected printers.
“Today’s AEC professionals demand easy-to-use mobile solutions that fit an on-the-go lifestyle and make viewing, archiving and printing large-format documents available at their fingertips,” said Santiago Morera, vice president and general manager, Large-format Printing Business, HP. “HP continues to address these needs by providing the first large-format printer portfolio that lets customers access and print their designs where the job takes them.”
New HP ePrint & Share features streamline design and build process
HP’s award-winning ePrint & Share is a free web service that allows AEC customers to access and print drawings from their conference room, home or job site using smartphones, tablets, laptops or the touchscreen of an HP Designjet ePrinter. HP ePrint & Share is designed for freelance architects, small- and medium-sized architecture and engineering firms and medium and large construction companies.
“With partners around the world, we needed a solution that would alleviate communication issues associated with working across great distances,” said Brian Swanner, senior architect, Waggonner & Ball Architects. “The new features built into HP ePrint & Share helped us find ways to share designs with a variety of partners and, with the mobile application, we can print where the job takes us, speeding up the design-and-build process.”
The HP ePrint & Share mobile application, now available from Android(1) and iOS devices,(2) provides fast, easy access to files and print jobs, allowing users to:
- Print to any HP Designjet web-connected printer, whether at the home office or a partner’s site, to save time, travel lighter and improve collaboration.
- Print PDF files directly from e-mail by selecting the HP ePrint & Share application via the “Open in” button in iOS devices(2) or “Share” button in Android(1) devices.
“As a virtual firm, we rely on technology like HP ePrint & Share to help us find better ways to work together remotely, rather than having the overhead associated with a brick and mortar location,” said Jason Prichard, principal consultant, Theatre Consultants Collaborative. “The HP ePrint & Share mobile application for Android is easy to install, streamlined and simple to use for mobile printing.”
The HP ePrint & Share mobile application enables remote printing to any HP Designjet web-connected printer, including the HP Designjet T2300 eMFP and the HP Designjet T1300 and T790 ePrinters. HP ePrint & Share is available at no additional cost as a download for HP Designjet customers. The mobile application is initially available for free through Google Play(3) and Apple’s App Store.
HP and Autodesk offer mobile printing to AutoCAD WS users
At AIA, HP and Autodesk are demonstrating the new HP ePrint & Share-enabled Plot to Print cloud printing functionality for AutoCAD WS, a web and mobile application that enables customers to view, edit and share DWG files from virtually anywhere through a web browser or mobile device.
By registering for HP ePrint & Share, users can easily access and print their designs on any HP Designjet ePrinter directly from AutoCAD WS with full control over plot styles, paper sizes, layouts and more.(4) When printing from AutoCAD WS using HP ePrint & Share, a high-resolution copy of the file is saved to the user’s HP ePrint & Share cloud library, making it simple to retrieve, share and reprint designs.
“Our primary objective with AutoCAD WS is to foster a collaborative design experience for our users no matter where they do their work,” said Amy Bunszel, vice president, AutoCAD Products at Autodesk. “To that end, working together with HP to offer mobile printing through the new Plot to Print functionality with HP ePrint & Share was a natural next step.”
More information about the latest additions to the HP Designjet portfolio is available at www.hp.com/go/simplify. More information on HP ePrint & Share is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintandshare. Videos and updates on HP Designjet are available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HPdesigners, on Twitter at twitter.com/hpgraphicarts and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/hpgraphicarts.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Internet connection to printer is required. When using the HP ePrint & Share mobile app for Android, all smartphones and tablets that run Android 2.2, 2.3, 4.0 or later are compatible. 3.0 not supported.
(2) Internet connection to printer is required. When using the HP ePrint & Share mobile app, a Web-connected Apple® iPhone 3G or later, iPod touch, or iPad running iOS 4.2 or later is required. iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad are trademarks of Apple® Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
(3) The Android mobile application will be available for download from Google Play shortly, once the approval process is completed.
(4) Internet access required.