- Revenue of $14.4 billion
- GAAP Earnings of $0.36 per share, non-GAAP earnings was $0.43 per share
- Dell Enterprise Solutions and Services revenue grew 2 percent year over year to $4.5 billion
ROUND ROCK, Texas — (BUSINESS WIRE) — May 22, 2012 — Dell announced its fiscal 2013 first quarter results today, continuing to show progress in its move to being a total enterprise services and solutions provider. Revenue for the quarter was $14.4 billion, with GAAP operating income of $824 million, and earnings of $0.36 per share.
“We’re committed to continuing our strategy to re-shape Dell’s business as an end-to-end IT provider,” said Michael Dell, chairman and CEO. “We saw continued progress in our first quarter with the innovative IT solutions we’re providing – notably our latest Dell servers, storage, networking and services that deliver customers enhanced productivity.”
“We continued to shift the mix of our business during a challenging environment,” said Brian Gladden, Dell chief financial officer. “Our enterprise solutions and services businesses now account for 50 percent of our gross margin, and we’ll continue to make the necessary investments to maintain our progress.”
- Revenue in the quarter was $14.4 billion, a 4 percent decrease from the previous year.
- GAAP earnings per share in the quarter was 36 cents, down 27 percent from the previous year; non-GAAP EPS was 43 cents, down 22 percent.
- GAAP operating income for the quarter was $824 million, or 5.7 percent of revenue. Non-GAAP operating income was $1 billion, or 7 percent of revenue.
- Cash used in operations in the quarter was $138 million. For the past four quarters, Dell has generated $4.9 billion in cash flow. Dell ended the quarter with $17.2 billion in cash and investments.
Fiscal-Year 2013 First Quarter Highlights
|Operating Income (GAAP)||$||824||$||1,212||(32||)%|
|Net Income (GAAP)||$||635||$||945||(33||)%|
|Operating Income (non-GAAP)||$||1,010||$||1,376||(27||)%|
|Net Income (non-GAAP)||$||761||$||1,050||(28||)%|