New half-height board delivers PCIe 3.0 x8, 40G Ethernet and DDR3 SDRAM Interfaces in a complete design kit, enabling quick time-to-market
SAN JOSE, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — June 26, 2012 — PLDA, the industry leader in PCI Express® and high-speed interface IP, today announced a new board to its suite of FPGA Design Kit solutions. The PLDA XpressGX5LP is the first FPGA-based low-profile PCI Express form factor card incorporating 40Gb of Ethernet connectivity and 8 GBytes of DDR3 SDRAM. It is delivered with PLDA’s leading PCIe 3.0 IP and full hardware 10G TCP stack IP, specifically optimized for the Altera Stratix® V FPGA.
The advanced XpressGX5LP FPGA design kit provides a complete design environment for applications using PCIe and 10GbE as their main communication interfaces. The XpressGX5LP is a highly integrated, low-profile PCI Express FPGA card with quad-10Gb Ethernet (40GbE) engineered for both prototyping and field deployment. The PCIe and Ethernet architecture designed into the PLDA XpressGX5LP is ideal for high demand applications including real-time network processing and high frequency trading.
Key features of PLDA XpressGX5LP Low Profile Board include:
- Supports PCIe 3.0 at Gen3, Gen2, Gen1 speeds, in x1, x2, x4, x8
- Features Altera's 28nm Stratix V GX A7/A4 FPGA
- QSFP+ enabling 40Gb Ethernet or up to 4 x 10GbE
- Extensive onboard memory resources
- No external power supply required
- Includes PLDA’s QuickPCIe IP core - A highly configurable PCIe IP with advanced DMA and streaming interface
- Optionally includes PLDA’s QuickTCP IP core – A full hardware 10G TCP stack IP with streaming interface
- Provides a complete solution with encrypted RTL or source code, bus functional models, software design kit including device drivers and APIs, reference designs and complete technical support by IP experts.
“As a go-to partner for Altera, PLDA is in a unique position to create best-in-class PCIe and Ethernet based solutions using Altera’s award-winning FPGA products and enable faster, more cost-efficient integration of PCIe and Ethernet into our customers’ applications,” said Stephane Hauradou, CTO for PLDA.
The PLDA Xpress5GX is shipping now and will available for bulk orders in Q3 2012.
PLDA designs and sells intellectual property (IP) cores for FPGA and System-on-Chip (SoC) that aim to accelerate time-to-market for embedded electronic designers. PLDA specializes in high-speed interface protocols and technologies such as PCI, and Ethernet.
PLDA IP cores are provided with a complete set of tools, including FPGA prototyping cards, drivers and APIs, testbenches and benefit from a global sales and support organization able to sustain over 2,000 customers worldwide.
PLDA is a global company with offices in San Jose, California and Aix en Provence, France. For more information visit www.plda.com.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Michelle Tang, +1 408-273-4528