Modeling, Rendering and Animation Software Created for
Mac Graphic Designers, Game Developers, Architects and Hobbyists of All Levels
July 7, 2012 - Tapfheim, Germany - MW3D-Solutions announced the release of Cheetah3D 6.0, a major update to its professional level 3D modeling solution for Mac OS X. Developed from the ground up utilizing the latest Cocoa technologies, Cheetah3D is a lean, fast, and powerful 3D modeling, rendering, and animation package with a relaxed learning curve.
Cheetah3D provides many of the most useful features and organizes them within a beautifully elegant user-interface that is intuitive and easy to use. It offers many powerful tools, such as subdivision surface modeling, joint based character animation system, UV unwrapping, texture painting, rigid and soft body dynamics, PDF import, global illumination renderer, and much more.
The biggest change in v6.0 is the smooth integration of the industry-proven Bullet physics engine for the simulation of rigid-body and soft-body dynamics. It is now easy to create a bowl of marbles spilling or simulating a flag waving in the wind. Cheetah3D 6.0 can handle this easily with just a few mouse clicks.
Major new features in Cheetah3D 6.0:
Simulation of rigid-body and soft-body dynamics using the industry-proven Bullet physics engine
Seamless integration of the physics engine with interactive realtime preview Simulation baking for complex scenes
- Isosurfaces (Metaballs) with support for balls, vertices, particles and splines Keying (animation) of mesh vertices and spline control points
- Global scene search field: you can now search all objects and materials interactively
- Improved sweep and bevel tools
- Improved Collada export (iBooks Author compatible)
- Upgraded to the latest FBX SDK (v2012.2)
- Support for 16-bit textures
- And of course more!
- U.S. English, German, and Japanese
- Mac OS X Version 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or 10.7 (Lion)
- Universal Binary for Intel 32 Bit, Intel 64 Bit
- 70.8 MB Hard Drive space
- 1 GB RAM
- 16 MB VRAM
- Internet Connection
- Pricing and Availability:
- Cheetah3D 6.0 is priced at $99.00 (USD) for a single-user license.
- Customers may upgrade from Cheetah3D 1.x - 5.x for $69.00.
Cheetah3D Gallery HERE
About MW3D and Cheetah3D:
Located in beautiful Tapfheim, Germany, MW3D-Solutions is an independent software developer whose main goal is the development of easy-to-use yet powerful 3D software exclusively for Mac OS X with a focus on iterating state-of-the-art 3D modeling, rendering and animation algorithms into a true Mac user experience.
Apple, the Apple logo,nd OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.