- Report Highlights Where Refinance Market is Headed and Negative Equity as a Driving Force in Home Price Increases -SANTA ANA, Calif., July 16, 2012 — (PRNewswire) — �CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX), a leading provider of information, analytics and business services, today released its July CoreLogic MarketPulse report. The monthly economic publication provides insight into the current and future health of the U.S. economic climate with particular focus on housing and mortgage metrics. CoreLogic Senior Economist Sam Khater, along with members of the Mortgage Analytics & Economics team, authored the articles.
Key findings in the July MarketPulse Report include:
- Home prices are up in many markets as high negative equity shares keep many sellers off the market and demand for distressed properties remains high.
- The lower end of the home price tier is rebounding at more than three times the rate of the upper end driven by distressed sales.
- The Home Price Index (HPI), including distressed sales, posted the largest year-over-year spring price gain in the last 25 years.
- Estimates show that refinancing accounted for 70 percent of the total mortgage originations market over the past 12 months.
For a complete copy of the July CoreLogic MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visit http://www.corelogic.com/downloadable-docs/MarketPulse_2012-July.pdf.
CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX) is a leading provider of consumer, financial and property information, analytics and services to business and government. The Company combines public, contributory and proprietary data to develop predictive decision analytics and provide business services that bring dynamic insight and transparency to the markets it serves. CoreLogic has built one of the largest and most comprehensive U.S. real estate, mortgage application, fraud, and loan performance databases and is a recognized leading provider of mortgage and automotive credit reporting, property tax, valuation, flood determination, and geospatial analytics and services. More than one million users rely on CoreLogic to assess risk, support underwriting, investment and marketing decisions, prevent fraud, and improve business performance in their daily operations. The Company, headquartered in Santa Ana, Calif., has approximately 5,000 employees globally. For more information, visit www.corelogic.com.
CORELOGIC and the stylized CoreLogic logo are registered trademarks owned by CoreLogic, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. No trademark of CoreLogic shall be used without the express written consent of CoreLogic.
Phone: +1 (405) 487.7721
Phone: +1(202) 232.6627