3D Direct Modeling Software Now Available for OS X Mountain Lion
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — July 25, 2012 — Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) has announced that Autodesk Inventor Fusion technology for 3D CAD modeling is now available for download in the Mac App Store for the first time. Autodesk Inventor Fusion for Mac takes advantage of new OS X Mountain Lion capabilities to help increase productivity and transform how designers share designs and receive feedback, whether in face-to-face meetings or participating in social communities.
From hobbyists working in their garages to professional designers of machinery, Autodesk Inventor Fusion lets designers freely explore complex shapes and forms, enabling rapid design changes with fewer limitations. Its intuitive 3D direct manipulation tools allow users to open and edit 3D models from almost any source and incorporate them into new or existing designs.
“Autodesk’s direct modeling technology changed the game in ease of use for 3D CAD design,” said Robert “Buzz” Kross, senior vice president, Design, Lifecycle and Simulation at Autodesk. “With Autodesk Inventor Fusion for Mac, we are excited to bring the same disruptive innovation to users of Apple’s newest OS X Mountain Lion.”
Available through the Mac App Store, Autodesk Inventor Fusion’s key features include:
- 2D Sketching – Start designs by using simple 2D sketch tools and control sketches with dimensions. Users can generate multiple shapes fast with 2D layouts.
- Direct Modeling – Users can more easily push, pull and edit to reach the final desired result. Direct modeling helps users focus on the design task and not on complex modeling commands and dialogs. Autodesk Inventor Fusion technology is a history-free 3D design tool.
- Assembly design – Assemblies that mimic the real world make positioning and moving the design fast and predictable. Designing in context provides users with information to help make better design decisions. Flexible assembly structure ensures that users can make changes at any time.
- Real-Time Visualization – Beautiful 3D and fast real-time navigation make it easier to create and present designs.
- Cloud Storage – Store and share designs using Autodesk 360 collaboration service. Users can view designs on the go with Autodesk Viewers for iOS or WebGL-enabled browsers.
Autodesk Inventor Fusion technology for Mac was created with Apple’s latest OS X in mind and takes advantage of new features in Mountain Lion including:
- Notification Center – Autodesk Inventor Fusion technology for Mac works with Autodesk 360 cloud services and Mountain Lion’s Notification Center so that users can receive notifications when files are edited, updated and more.
- Sharing – Users can communicate more easily with colleagues, clients and friends to show off their designs or request feedback via iMessage, email and Twitter by using the Share button in Mountain Lion.
- AirPlay Mirroring – Users can take charge in meetings with clients and colleagues by sharing the designs on the big screen with AirPlay Mirroring in Mountain Lion.
Autodesk Inventor Fusion for Mac additionally helps users leverage their 3D CAD modeling in Full Screen to help maximize productivity and bring design to the forefront.
Autodesk has also created a Wiki Help Site for Autodesk Inventor Fusion for Mac, designed to help users more effectively collaborate, troubleshoot and take advantage of this Mac-compatible release. Users can add or edit Help information, while also sharing videos, best practices, tips and tricks, tutorials and more.
Autodesk Inventor Fusion for Mac is available as a free download, in English, in the Mac App Store. For more information and to download Autodesk Inventor Fusion for Mac, visit the Mac App Store.
Autodesk, Inc., is a leader in professional and personal 3D design, engineering and entertainment software. Autodesk tools help unlock the creativity in everyone, from children and hobbyists to design and engineering professionals. Customers across the manufacturing, architecture, building, construction, digital art and entertainment industries, including the last 17 Academy Award winners for Best Visual Effects, use Autodesk software, mobile apps, cloud services and communities to design, visualize, simulate and communicate their ideas. For more information follow @autodesk or visit autodesk.com.
Autodesk, AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor and Inventor are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Academy Award is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2012 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50353190&lang=en