BERLIN — (BUSINESS WIRE) — August 29, 2012 — TomTom today announces a partnership with BMW to integrate its GO LIVE navigation devices in selected models of BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, X1 and X3 cars. BMW dealers across Europe can now install customised TomTom devices, designed to connect with BMW’s existing in-car entertainment systems. TomTom LIVE Services include HD Traffic, TomTom’s real time traffic information service.
BMW Navi TomTom (Photo: Business Wire)
A specially-designed mount attaches the five inch touch screen TomTom device onto the dashboard of the car. The device seamlessly integrates with BMW’s Car Entertainment System via the active dock. Navigation directions and hands-free phone calls will be given over the car’s speakers and temporarily mute any other audio sources to ensure navigation instructions as well as phone conversations are heard loud and clear.
BMW customers can now take advantage of TomTom's connected services, including HD Traffic, allowing them to beat the congestion, making their journeys faster, safer and easier.
Drivers can visit their BMW dealership to get the TomTom GO LIVE PND fitted onto the dashboard of their car.
The TomTom LIVE PND is available as an integrated solution in selected models of BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, X1 and X3.
Drivers can visit their local BMW dealership to get the device fitted into their car.
The integrated solution is available across Europe.
Notes for editors
Features of the integrated navigation device include:
- 5 inch touch screen display. Drivers can see more and drive easy with an XXL screen. Touch screen technology provides the easiest operation.
- Seamless integration with the BMW Car Entertainment System. The navigation device uses the in-car speakers to deliver ultra high quality instructions. All other audio channels (radio, CD, etc.) are temporarily muted.
- LIVE Services. One year’s free LIVE Services for the best real-time information. This includes TomTom HD Traffic which gives drivers the quickest route through the jams. Search & Go services include TripAdvisor, Expedia, and Local Search with TomTom Places.
- IQ Routes. Using real travel information shared by millions of drivers, the service provides the best routes and arrival times at every time of day.
- Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives drivers extra clarity at difficult junctions.
- Hands-free calling via Bluetooth®. Drivers can make and answer phone calls safely while driving.
- Maps of 45 European countries. These include Turkey and Greece.
- Access to MyTomTom. Drivers can update and manage their navigation device via MyTomTom. Amongst other updates, drivers can download free daily map corrections from the Map Share community.
Founded in 1991, TomTom (AEX:TOM2) is the world’s leading supplier of in-car location and navigation products and services focused on providing all drivers with the world’s best navigation experience. Headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom has over 3,500 employees and sells its products in over 40 countries.
Our products include portable navigation devices, in-dash infotainment systems, fleet management solutions, maps and real-time services, including the award winning TomTom HD Traffic.
For the world’s most up-to-date route planner, including live traffic information, go to www.tomtom.com/livetraffic
For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50391983&lang=en
E. Cem Cohen, +31611598532
Global Communications Manager