PARIS — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 26, 2012 — TomTom today announces a partnership with Abarth, delivering integrated navigation to the sports car brand of the Fiat Group. Through this partnership, drivers of the Abarth 500 and Abarth Punto can enjoy connected navigation through a Blue&Me TomTom LIVE device, which offers a stress-free navigation experience with access to TomTom’s real-time traffic product, HD Traffic, saving them both time and money. The Blue&Me TomTom LIVE device also features a special cradle mount that integrates into the car’s dashboard system, allowing the driver to control their phone, navigation and car information with one touch.
“With a connected navigation offering from TomTom, Abarth drivers will not only have a car that is designed to thrill, but also a navigation system that will safely lead them to their destination along the fastest route,” said Charles Cautley, Managing Director of TomTom Automotive. “We are excited to be part of the high end customer experience that Abarth customers expect.”
Key features of Blue&Me Navigation System for the Abarth 500 and Punto include:
A one year, free LIVE Services(1) subscription, including:
- HD Traffic - helping drivers arrive on time, every time
- Mobile Speed Cameras - providing real-time mobile Speed camera locations, as well as alerts of fixed safety cameras and average speed checks for the road ahead
- Search & Go - providing the ability to search for the best shops, restaurants or other places in the area using TomTom Places
- 5 day weather forecast for locations across Europe
- Latest Map Guarantee
- Dedicated buttons on steering wheel enable safe control of device
- Large 11 cm, high quality touch screen provides clear visibility
- Advanced lane guidance
- Customised branding with the laser-etched scorpion logo on the device and a luxury leather carry case
(1) Available in selected countries.
Founded in 1991, TomTom (AEX:TOM2) is the world’s leading supplier of in-car location and navigation products and services focused on providing all drivers with the world’s best navigation experience. Headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom has 3,500 employees and sells its products in over 40 countries.
Our products include portable navigation devices, in-dash infotainment systems, fleet management solutions, maps and real-time services, including the award winning TomTom HD Traffic.
For the world’s most up-to-date route planner, including live traffic information, go to www.tomtom.com/livetraffic
For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com
Yann Lafargue, +31 6 11 36 69 49