The course topics range from counterfeit parts to crashworthiness and all are eligible for appropriate continuing education units.
The available courses include:
- Accelerated Test Methods for Ground and Aerospace Vehicle Development (Jan. 22-23) – This course covers the benefits, limitations, processes, and applications of several proven accelerated test methods including accelerated reliability, step stress, FSLT (Full System Life Test), FMVT® (Failure Mode Verification Testing), HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Testing), and HASS (Highly Accelerated Stress Screening). A combination of hands-on exercises, team activities, discussion, and lecture are used throughout the course.
- New! Implementation of SAE AS6081-Counterfeit Electronic Parts for Distributors (Jan. 22-23) – This two-day seminar will begin with background information on the proliferation of counterfeit electronics and the development of a consensus standard for the procurement, detection, reporting, and disposition of these parts. The instructor will then guide participants through a comprehensive overview of the requirements of AS6081, including detailed information on the certification scheme and implementation strategies.
- New! ARP4754A and the Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft and Systems (Jan. 24-25) – This two day seminar will provide attendees with an in-depth presentation of the guidelines introduced in the revised recommended practice for aircraft and systems development as well as the critical concepts used in aircraft and systems development processes for certification. The aircraft/systems development process and its interactions with the safety, hardware development and software development processes will be discussed along with the incorporated changes, with special emphasis on new material and development concepts.
- Understanding the FAA Aircraft Certification Process (March 12-13) – This course will provide an overview of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) organizational structure, its policies, guidelines and requirements leading to Type and Supplemental Type airworthiness approvals. It will also cover the rule-making process and rules applicable to aircraft parts and products. The course will define the roles and responsibilities of the Aircraft Certification Office (ACO), Manufacturing Inspection District Office (MIDO), Flight Standards District Office (FSDO), and the Aircraft Evaluation Group (AEG).
- New! Understanding and Supporting Aircraft Accident Investigation and Reconstruction (March 12-13) – This two-day seminar will begin with the basic requirements for conducting proper accident investigations, including investigative philosophies and procedures. The instructor will then guide participants through various data gathering methods and cover several specific types of accident investigations including those related to human factors, crashworthiness, inflight breakups, and mid-air collisions.
- Aircraft Cabin Safety and Interior Crashworthiness (March 14-15) – This two day seminar will begin with a discussion of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) test requirements. The instructor will then guide participants through the various cabin interior emergency provisions and their requirements such as supplemental passenger oxygen, emergency equipment, seats, flammability, emergency exits, emergency lighting and escape path markings, and various other cabin interior systems.
For more information on these or any other SAE International professional development courses, visit http://www.sae.org/training/; call 1-877-606-7323 (U.S. and Canada only) or +1 724 776 4970 (outside U.S. and Canada); or email Email Contact.
SAE International is a global association of more than 133,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.
- www.sae.org -
Contact: Shawn Andreassi of SAE International, 1-724-772-8522 or Email Contact
SOURCE SAE International