May 2, 2013 - Datakit will be visiting Stuttgart Control Messe, GE from May 14-17, 2013. This is a great opportunity to meet major CMM software vendors and showcase achievements in this domain. Datakit has been supplying and supporting world-class major Control accounts for a decade already, providing valuable assets for CMM purpose.
The company ships toolkits to extract geometries, machining features and Product Manufacturing Information (PMI), directly from native CAD data : Dassault's CatiaV5/6™, SolidWorks™ (WIP), Siemens NX™, PTC Creo™, STEP, without the need of any separate CAD software license :
|Courtesy of LOTAR Group|
Datakit provides Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) through APIs designed for both semantic and rendering purpose. Valuable tolerancing, surfacing and geometric associativity is supported for various PMI entities :
- Datums, Targets, References.
- Dimensions : Linear, Angular, Radial...
- Geometrical Tolerances : Flatness, Cylindricity, Surface Profile, Position, Angularity...
- Roughness and Welding.
This helps CMM software vendors in the process of identifying critical points of interest and testing 3D measurements against original CAD design geometries.
|Coutesy of Matt Findlay (GrabCAD.com)|
Support also includes Machining Features CAD native information, that can be used to clearly identify tooling operations for control purpose :
- Hole design numerical values : positioning, sketch, depths, diameters, angles, direction.
- Semantic data : hole type (simple, tapered, counter bored, sunk, drilled etc...), tolerancing (can include standard definition), pitch and thread information.
- Links to sketch, support and generated geometries.
- Pattern / Toolpath information : rectangular, circular, user-defined, instances.
For more information, visit: http://www.control-messe.de/en/control/