- 4th Generation Intel® Core processor and Silvermont architecture unveiled to strong acceptance
- New Intel® Atom processor and Intel LTE solution tapped for Samsung* GALAXY Tab-3 10.1-inch
- New leadership team implemented one of the most significant management reorganizations in a decade
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — July 17, 2013 — Intel Corporation today reported second-quarter revenue of $12.8 billion, operating income of $2.7 billion, net income of $2.0 billion and EPS of $0.39. The company generated approximately $4.7 billion in cash from operations, paid dividends of $1.1 billion, and used $550 million to repurchase 23 million shares of stock.
In the second quarter, we delivered on our quarterly outlook and made several key product announcements, said Intel CEO Brian Krzanich. In my first two months as CEO, I have listened to a wide variety of views about Intel and our industry from customers, employees and my leadership team and I am more confident than ever about our opportunity as a company.
Looking ahead, the market will continue buying a wide range of computing products, he added. Intel Atom and Core processors and increased SOC integration will be Intel's future. We will leave no computing opportunity untapped. To embrace these opportunities, I've made it Intel's highest priority to create the best products for the fast growing ultra-mobile market segment.
Q2 Key Financial Information and Business Unit Trends
- PC Client Group revenue of $8.1 billion, up 1.4 percent sequentially and down 7.5 percent year-over-year.
- Data Center Group revenue of $2.7 billion, up 6.1 percent sequentially and flat year-over-year.
- Other Intel® Architecture Group revenue of $942 million, down 3.7 percent sequentially and down 15.0 percent year-over-year.
- Gross margin of 58 percent, up 2 percentage points sequentially and down 5 percentage points year-over-year.
- R&D plus MG&A spending of $4.7 billion, in line with the companys expectation of approximately $4.7 billion.
- Tax rate of 26 percent.
|Q2 2013||Q1 2013||vs. Q1 2013|
|Revenue||$12.8 billion||$12.6 billion||up 2%|
|Gross Margin||58.3%||56.2%||up 2.1 pts.|
|Operating Income||$2.7 billion||$2.5 billion||up 8%|
|Net Income||$2.00 billion||$2.05 billion||down 2%|
|Earnings Per Share||39 cents||40 cents||down 3%|