- Revenue of $14.5 billion, flat year over year
- Enterprise Solutions, Software and Services revenue up 9 percent
- GAAP earnings of $0.12 per share; non-GAAP earnings of $0.25 per share
ROUND ROCK, Texas (BUSINESS WIRE) August 15, 2013 Dell today announced fiscal 2014 second quarter results, with revenue of $14.5 billion, GAAP earnings of $0.12 per share and non-GAAP earnings of $0.25 per share. The companys Enterprise Solutions, Services and Software (ES&S) revenue was $5.8 billion, growing 9 percent year over year, including the benefit of the Quest acquisition. In End User Computing, revenue was down 5 percent year over year.
In a challenging environment, we remain committed to our strategy and our customers, and were encouraged by increasing customer interest in our end-to-end solutions offerings and continued growth in our Enterprise Solutions, Services and Software businesses, said Brian Gladden, Dell chief financial officer.
- Revenue in the quarter was $14.5 billion, flat from the previous year.
- GAAP operating income for the quarter was $272 million, or 1.9 percent of revenue. Non-GAAP operating income was $602 million, or 4.1 percent of revenue.
- GAAP earnings per share was 12 cents, down 71 percent from the previous year; non-GAAP earnings per share was 25 cents, down 50 percent.
- Cash flow from operations in the quarter was $1.7 billion. Dell ended the quarter with $13.9 billion in cash and investments.
Fiscal-Year 2014 Second Quarter Results
|Operating Income (GAAP)||$||272||$||901||(70||)%|
|Net Income (GAAP)||$||204||$||732||(72||)%|
|Operating Income (non-GAAP)||$||602||$||1,123||(46||)%|
|Net Income (non-GAAP)||$||433||$||875||(51||)%|