Snowflake launches new enterprise data publication product
Southampton, UK. 1 May 2014: Snowflake Software, has today announced the launch of GO Publisher v3.0 and the introduction of GO Publisher Workflow, a brand new product in the GO Publisher suite of data publication software. Snowflake’s flagship GO Publisher suite of products comprises of GO Publisher WFS, GO Publisher Workflow, and GO Publisher Desktop, all of which have new features as part of the latest software release – v3.0.
New: GO Publisher Workflow
Capable of delivering large volumes (gigabytes) of XML/GML data to large numbers of data consumers, GO Publisher Workflow is an enterprise data publication platform that can be easily integrated into an existing ordering service. Designed from the ground up to be orchestrated within a Service Oriented Architecture, GO Publisher Workflow provides increased business flexibility and scalability via highly configurable web based workflows.
Key features include:
- Enterprise data publishing enabling you to publish large quantities of data to large numbers of customers/stakeholders
- 3rd party workflow integration through RESTful Management API
- Admin and Management Consoles enable control and configuration of the system through web based APIs and user interfaces
- Intuitive GUI for configuring data translations via GO Publisher Desktop
- Oracle Workspace Manager connection (Oracle only) to control the versions of data you publish
- Priority job processing enabling you to prioritise your workload according to your business objectives and needs
- Multi-database support - PostGIS, Oracle and SQL Server 2008
- Multiple ‘chunking’ options to divide large data volumes into manageable 'chunks' or smaller files for convenient data management
GO Publisher Workflow is ideal for organisations who want to exchange large data volumes using open standards. More often than not this is a complete data export of an entire database or a spatial/temporal/attribute selection of a large subset. Organisations often use GO Publisher Workflow to perform an initial transfer and then utilise GO Publisher WFS to extract subsequent incremental change.
As part of v3.0, GO Publisher WFS and GO Publisher Desktop now feature multi-database support including Oracle, PostGIS, and SQLServer 2008. GO Publisher WFS is a robust and scalable server option of the GO Publisher product suite designed for data delivery via request/response web services, whilst GO Publisher Desktop is the configuration tool for GO Publisher WFS and translation tool for GO Publisher Workflow.
More information about the new GO Publisher Workflow can be found at www.snowflakesoftware.com/products/gopublisher/workflow/
Existing GO Publisher customers will be contacted with details on how to upgrade to the latest version.
About GO Publisher
GO Publisher is part of the data exchange suite of tools from Snowflake Software which enables data publication from a database to open standards:
- Automate the delivery of large data volumes
- Integrate with existing systems and publish to open standards
- Deliver data via web services to single or multiple concurrent users
About Snowflake Software
Founded in 2001, Snowflake Software provides commercial off the shelf software products that facilitate data exchange and interoperability. Based on open standards, the unique off the shelf GO Loader and GO Publisher products enable the efficient low risk building of next generation Open Data infrastructures by wrapping existing legacy infrastructure. Combining off the shelf software with the knowledge of industry experts, business consultants and training courses and Snowflake can tailor its products and services to specific business or industry requirements. Snowflake is based both in the UK and in the USA.
Telephone: +44 (0) 2380 382390
Fax: +44 (0) 2380 238233
Email: Email Contact