Discussion to revolve around IoT’s impact on Test, along with other key test issues
SAN JOSE, Calif. — June 2, 2014 — Test professionals who want to learn, forecast and debate the future of semiconductor test will attend the 7th annual IEEE Test Vision 2020 Workshop, held in conjunction with SEMICON West 2014 (July 8-10) in San Francisco. The event will feature speakers from Qualcomm, Gartner, AMD, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, and Mentor Graphics, along with speakers from key semiconductor test industry suppliers. Organized by SEMI and sponsored by the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Society, Test Vision 2020 (July 9-10), is a two-time winner of the ATE Test Technology Technical Council’s “Most Successful Event” Award. Test Vision 2020 serves as a valuable platform where foundries, IDMs and fabless companies discuss their critical test requirements with leading test equipment and solution providers. Attendees include semiconductor test engineers, product engineers, test managers, product managers, test equipment users, developers, and industry analysts. Registration for Test Vision 2020 is now open.
Test Vision 2020 (July 9-10) will convene a first-class gathering of thought leaders, users, and suppliers of test IP and equipment. The Internet of Things (IoT) will dominate the discussion, as the mainstreaming of “connected devices” creates challenges unique to test and test assumptions. The Test Vision 2020 workshop will feature industry speakers, poster sessions, presentations and participation from semiconductor test industry leaders, including:
- Key presentations: Michael Campbell, senior VP at Qualcomm Technology, on “Testing the THINGS of the Internet of Things” and Dean Freeman, Research VP at Gartner Research, on “How the IoT will Impact the Semiconductor Industry”
- Panel: “The Pros and Cons of DiY Tester Development” with Ken Lanier from Teradyne moderating panelists from Advantest, Altera, Amkor, KYEC, National Instruments, and Texas Instruments
- “IoT Test & Quality” session with presenters from AMD, Mentor Graphics, and Teradyne
- “2.5D / 3D Probe & Test” session with speakers from GLOBALFOUNDRIES and FormFactor
- “Big Data” session with presenters from Roos Instruments, Galaxy Semiconductor, and AMD
- “Distinguished Guest Lecturers on IoT-related Topics” with speakers from Asset InterTech, Xcerra, and Cascade Microtech
- Reception with Poster Session
Platinum sponsors of Test Vision 2020 include Advantest, FormFactor, and Teradyne.
For more information, visit Test Vision 2020. Register by June 6 for “early bird” prices. SEMICON West 2014 also offers additional Test programs — please visit www.semiconwest.org/SessionsEvents/Test.
About SEMICON West
SEMICON West is the flagship annual event for the global microelectronics industry. It is the premier event for the display of new products and technologies for microelectronics design and manufacturing, featuring technologies from across the microelectronics supply chain, from electronic design automation, to device fabrication (wafer processing), to final manufacturing (assembly, packaging, and test). More than semiconductors, SEMICON West is also a showcase for emerging markets and technologies born from the microelectronics industry, MEMS, PV, flexible electronics and displays, nano-electronics, and related technologies. For more information, visit www.semiconwest.org
SEMI is the global industry association serving the nano- and microelectronics manufacturing supply chains. Our 1,900 member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit
Email: Email Contact