"AMD takes a major step forward today on our journey to transform and enhance the computing experience with the launch of the 2014 Performance Mobile APU family," said Bernd Lienhard, corporate vice president and general manager, Client Business Unit, AMD. "With a combination of superior total compute performance, stunning graphics and efficient power use alongside industry-first technologies, these new APUs set a new bar for cutting-edge consumer and commercial PCs."
The announcement of the 2014 Performance Mobile APU family features AMD's first FX-branded enthusiast-class APU for notebooks, and follows the recent introduction of AMD's 2014 Low-Power and Mainstream APUs.
Introducing AMD PRO
Responding to the needs of an evolving commercial marketplace for longevity, performance and stability in enterprise systems, AMD has introduced a professional line of the Performance Mobile APUs. Designed especially with business in mind, AMD PRO A-Series components offer outstanding stability and longevity, and enable open, industry-standard DASH manageability.
In conjunction with today's AMD PRO A-Series announcement, HP unveiled a complete lineup of Elite commercial PC designs featuring the AMD PRO series. The HP systems include the EliteBook 725, 745 and 755 G2 notebook, the EliteOne All-in-One and the EliteDesk desktop PCs.
AMD 2014 Performance Mobile APU Features
- Up to 12 Compute Cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU)(1) deliver amazing performance and responsiveness, bringing to life the full capability of the APU on various workloads and applications
- The breakthrough new Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) allows the CPU and GPU to work together in harmony by quickly dividing and directing the right tasks toward the appropriate cores for new levels of performance and efficiency in consumer and commercial desktop and notebook PCs, thus enabling a new era of compute capabilities with compute cores
- Award-winning Graphics Core Next Architecture with AMD Radeon R7 series graphics and compute capability
- Support for UltraHD (4K) resolutions and new video post-processing enhancements that make 1080p videos look amazing when upscaled on an UltraHD-enabled monitor or TV(2)
Best Gaming and Entertainment Experience
- Support for AMD's acclaimed Mantle API that simplifies game optimizations for programmers and developers to unlock unprecedented levels of gaming performance(3)
- AMD Radeon Dual Graphics provide a performance boost from 49 percent to 108 percent(4) for the ultimate gaming experience
- Experience-enhancing features such as
AMD Quick Stream, AMD Steady Video and
AMD TrueAudio technologies combine to deliver lifelike audio and video(5)
- A10-APU: Up to 50 percent better graphics performance(6) and more than 1.2x the compute performance(7) versus Intel® i5-4200U ("Haswell")
- FX APU: Up to 58 percent better graphics performance(8) and more than 1.13x the compute performance(9) versus Intel® i7-4500U ("Haswell")
- FX APU: Up to 40 percent more graphics performance-per-watt(10) than our previous generation
- FX APU: Up to 30 percent more system compute-per-watt(11) than our previous generation
- Learn more about the 2014 AMD A-Series APUs for notebook
- Learn more about the 2014 AMD A-Series APUs for desktop
- Learn more about the 2014 AMD PRO A-Series APUs
- Read a blog from Bernd Lienhard, vice president and general manager, AMD Client
- What is a Compute Core? Read our whitepaper
- Follow all the news from AMD at Computex
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Engage with us on Twitter
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and Radeon are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1. 12 Compute Cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU) A Compute Core is a hardware block (CPU, GPU or other processing element) within an HSA-enabled APU, that is programmable, capable of performing computational tasks, has access to entire system memory, and can queue workloads to other cores. For more visit amd.com/ComputeCores. Note: The following must be used on the same page as the claim: *4 CPU + 8 GPU. See amd.com/ComputeCores for details.
2. Requires 4K display and content. Supported resolution varies by GPU model and board design; confirm specifications with manufacturer before purchase.
3. Mantle application support is required.
4. Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs on optimized AMD reference systems. PC manufacturers may vary configuration yielding different results. The 2014 AMD FX-7600P APU, code named "Kaveri", paired with AMD Radeon R7 240 GCN Discrete Graphics demonstrated improved performance over APU- only configurations. The 2014 AMD FX-7600P paired with the AMD Radeon R7 240 Discrete Graphics card showed 65 FPS (frames per second) over 45.7 FPS for the AMD FX-7600P alone on Call of Duty Black Ops and 46.7 FPS over 22.5 FPS on Crysis 3; both games were set to 1920x1080. KVN-11
5. AMD EXPERIENCES REQUIREMENTS:
Additional hardware (e.g. HD or 4K monitor, USB, 3.0 ports, wirelessly enabled HDTV) and/or software (e.g. multimedia applications and/or wifi access) are required for the full enablement of some features. HD/4K Video display requires an HD/4K video source. Not all features may be supported on all components or systems - check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies. * For more information on AMD features and software go to www.amd.com/featuredetails.
AMD TrueAudio technology is offered by select AMD Radeon R9 and R7 200 Series GPUs and select AMD A-Series APUs and is designed to improve acoustic realism. Requires enabled game or application. Not all audio equipment supports all audio effects; additional audio equipment may be required for some audio effects. Not all products feature all technologies -- check with your component or system manufacturer for specific capabilities.
6. Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs on optimized AMD reference systems. PC manufacturers may vary configuration yielding different results. 3DMark 11 is used to simulate graphics performance; AMD A10-7300 APU scored 1420 while the "Haswell U" platform scored 946. AMD "Ballina" reference platform system used the AMD A10-7300 APU with Radeon R6 Graphics, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 2x2048 MBytes of DDR3-1600 RAM, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, and 13.350.0.0 - 24-Feb-2014 driver. Intel Core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz with Intel HD Graphics, 2x2048 MBytes of DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) RAM, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, 10.18.10.3412 - 28-Jan-2014 driver. KVN-14