REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- Jun 25, 2014 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 set a new SPC-2/E world record with the best overall price/performance and the most efficient energy use with the highest performance per watt(1). These results demonstrate Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 can offer customers excellent price/performance for high-throughput workloads such as data warehouse, business analytics and video on-demand applications. The ZFS Storage ZS3-2 beats IBM DS8870 by 10x(2) and HP P9500 by 7x(3) on price/performance.
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 delivered the best overall price/performance and highest performance per watt on the Storage Performance Council SPC-2/E benchmark.
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 delivered world-record SPC-2 Price Performance™ with aggregate throughput of 16,212.66 SPC-2 MBPS™ with SPC-2 Price Performance™ of $12.08(1).
- These results demonstrate the Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 offers superior efficiency and high-performance at the lowest cost during the execution of business critical applications that require the large-scale, sequential movement of data such as large database queries, large file processing and video on demand -- the three performance tests measured by the SPC-2/E benchmark.
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 has:
- 10x better price/performance than the IBM DS8870, which is IBM's best SPC-2 Result(2).
- 7x better price/performance than the HP P9500 XP Disk Array, which is HP's best SPC-2 Result(3).
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 offers over 4.5x more performance per watt than the IBM XIV Storage System(4), providing significant data center energy savings and significant business advantage for data centers where energy costs are rising or have energy grid limitations.
"With these SPC-2/E benchmark results, Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 intelligent hybrid storage system establishes a new efficiency paradigm: high performance is no longer achieved at the expense of data center budget and energy resources," said Scott Tracy, vice president, Storage Software, Oracle. "As a result, customers can now simultaneously maximize performance per dollar and per watt when making purchase decisions. The benefits are clear: energy savings and reduced TCO, with the high performance customers need for critical large-scale, high-throughput applications."
- Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance ZS3 Series
- Oracle Storage Benchmarks
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SPC-2, SPC-2 MB/s and SPC-2 Price-Performance are trademarks of Storage Performance Council (SPC).
(1) Results as of June 25, 2014, for more information go to http://www.storageperformance.org/results SPC-2. Results for Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 w/512G processor memory, 288x300 GB 10K RPM drives are 16,212.66 SPC-2 MBPS™, $12.08 SPC-2 Price-Performance. 3.67 SPC-2 MBPS™ / WATT. Full results are available at http://www.storageperformance.org/results/benchmark_results_spc2#be00002
(2) Results for IBM DS8870 w/256G processor memory, 480x146 GB 15K RPM drives are 15,423.66 SPC-2 MBPS, $131.21 SPC-2 Price Performance. Full results are available at http://www.storageperformance.org/results/benchmark_results_spc2#b00062
(3) Results for HP P9500 XP Disk Array w/512G cache, 512x300 GB 10K RPM drives are 13,147.87 SPC-2 MBPS, $88.34 SPC-2 Price-Performance. Full results are available at http://www.storageperformance.org/results/benchmark_results_spc2#b00056
(4) Results for IBM XIV Storage System Gen3 w/360 G cache, 180x2 TB 7.2K RPM drives are 7,467.99 SPC-2 MBPS, $152.34 SPC-2 Price-Performance. 0.81 SPC-2 MBPS™ / WATT. Full results are available at http://www.storageperformance.org/results/benchmark_results_spc2#be00001
Contact Info Michelle Jenkins Oracle +1.425.945.8306 Email Contact Drew Smith Blanc and Otus +1.415.856.5127 Email Contact