"The hundreds of thousands of Unity Asset Store users now have easy access to two awesomely powerful tools with Poser Pro Game Dev and Anime Studio," said Caitlyn Meeks, Asset Store Manager at Unity Technologies. "Smith Micro's catalog of 2D and 3D tools support Unity very well and are a natural fit for our users, offering up excellent options that enhance the Unity ecosystem for developers who want a character system that combines animation tools with content."
Poser® Pro Game Dev includes several features that allow content developers to create high-resolution, 3D assets and deploy them directly into the Unity ecosystem as size-efficient, game-ready content using the new FBX import/export feature:
- Massive Content Library with 87 ready-to-pose human figures, animals, insects, robots and creatures, plus hundreds of 3D props and scenery elements
- New Polygon Reduction - allows 3D figures and props to be intelligently reduced to lower polygon counts while preserving important attributes such as morphs, materials, and surface topology
- New Figure Combining - allows complex figures, such as humans with conformed clothing, hair, accessories and multiple textures, to be combined into a single figure with a game engine ready texture atlas. To further improve gaming performance, Poser Pro Game Dev can automatically locate and delete hidden polygons in the newly-generated single figure.
- Kinect for Windows - use Kinect to drive Poser biped figures, and create motion capture sequences which can be saved as animated poses in the library, or directly export them from Poser to bring into Unity.
With Anime Studio Pro 10.1, users won't need to purchase or learn to use any other software when creating 2D animations for game development. Anime Studio Pro is perfect for game developers looking for an efficient alternative to tedious frame-by-frame animation. Anime Studio Pro provides Unity users:
- FBX support of animated 2D content, eliminating the need to create rigid sprites for game development and providing the ability to get the exact look and feel that they want.
- Creating 2D animation is fast using Anime Studio Pro's intuitive interface and powerful tools, with support for a wide array of media types including vector and bitmapped content, sound and video.
- Anime Studio Pro delivers a comprehensive set of advanced animation tools powerful features such as a visual content library, a bone rigging system, bitmap to vector conversion, integrated lip-synching, 3D modeling, physics, and motion tracking.
"Poser Pro Game Dev and Anime Studio Pro are perfectly suited for the Unity ecosystem, offering character animation systems that make it easy to customize and animate our stock characters, plus other content from companies like Mixamo, and export it as ready-to-deploy Unity game assets," said Steve Yatson, Vice President of Productivity and Graphics Solutions at Smith Micro. "We're excited to make our massive content library available to Unity developers, and give our worldwide community of Poser and Anime Studio developers a convenient way to bring their designs to gaming."
"With the new version of Poser, Mixamo customers will be able to edit characters and animations coming from our Fuse character creator and our animation service, gaining also the ability to render scenes with those characters for cut scenes and promotional graphics," said Stefano Corazza, CEO Mixamo. "We have been Poser fans for many years, and Poser Pro Game Dev will be a powerful tool for this space."
Poser Pro Game Dev and Anime Studio Pro 10.1 both support FBX import of content directly to the Unity platform. FBX, the adaptable file format for 3D animation from Autodesk®, is the most common method for integrating animated 2D and 3D assets in Unity.
Pricing and Availability:
Poser Pro Game Dev is priced at $499.99, with upgrade pricing from previous versions of Poser and Poser Pro available.
Anime Studio 10.1 is priced at $299.99, with upgrade pricing from previous versions of Anime Studio available.
About Smith Micro Software, Inc. - Productivity and Graphics Group:
Based in Santa Cruz, CA, Smith Micro's Productivity and Graphics Group produces award-winning software that inspires consumer creativity and enables efficiency. The Group's suite of creative programs provides artists of all skill levels -- from novice to professional -- with the tools to illustrate, animate and apply 2D and 3D art to a wide variety of mediums, from comic books to short films to gaming platforms. With millions of users around the globe, the Group's portfolio includes leading brands such as: Poser, Anime Studio, Manga Studio and StuffIt. For more information, visit: http://my.smithmicro.com/
About Unity Technologies:
Unity Technologies is the creator of Unity, a flexible and high-performance development platform used to make creative and intelligent interactive 3D and 2D experiences. The "author once, deploy everywhere" capability ensures developers can publish to all of the most popular platforms. Unity Technologies boasts a thriving community of over 630,000 monthly active developers including large publishers, indie studios, students and hobbyists. To remain at the forefront of innovation, Unity Technologies tirelessly re-invests in its award-winning 3D and 2D development tools and democratization initiatives, such as the Asset Store digital content marketplace, Everyplay, and Unity Cloud services. Unity Technologies is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices located worldwide. For more information, visit: http://unity3d.com.
Safe Harbor Statement:
This release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including without limitation, forward-looking statements relating to the company's financial prospects and other projections of its performance, the existence of new market opportunities and interest in the company's products and solutions, and the company's ability to increase its revenue and regain profitability by capitalizing on these new market opportunities and interest and introducing new products and solutions. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements are changes in demand for the company's products from its customers and their end-users, new and changing technologies, customer acceptance of those technologies, new and continuing adverse economic conditions, and the company's ability to compete effectively with other software companies. These and other factors discussed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements contained in this release are made on the basis of the views and assumptions of management regarding future events and business performance as of the date of this release, and the company does not undertake any obligation to update these statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this release.
Smith Micro and the Smith Micro logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Smith Micro and any other company.
PRESS INQUIRIES: Suzanne Runald Smith Micro Software, Inc. +1 (949) 362-5800 Email Contact