Winners Will Be Selected and Presented With Their Awards at The Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference, Taking Place Nov. 4-6 in London, U.K.
EXTON, Pa. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — October 8, 2014 — Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, today announced the project finalists in the 2014 Be Inspired Awards competition. The awards honor the extraordinary work of Bentley users improving and sustaining the world’s infrastructure. Nine independent panels of jurors, comprising distinguished industry experts, selected the 54 finalists from nominations submitted by organizations in 49 countries.
The winners of the Be Inspired Awards will be announced at The Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference, which takes place Nov. 4-6 in London, U.K. This global gathering of leading executives in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations features a series of presentations and interactive sessions exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure delivery and investment returns.
Tailored to the information needs of management-level executives in architectural and engineering firms, construction companies, and owner-operator and government organizations responsible for the design, delivery, or operations of infrastructure, The Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference is the perfect forum to:
- share best practices in infrastructure design, delivery, and operations from peer organizations;
- network with peer organizations, more than 100 members of the media, and industry thought leaders from around the globe;
- explore cutting-edge technologies and how they are changing the way information moves throughout the infrastructure lifecycle;
- gain insight from presentations delivered by many of the world’s top thought leaders to help understand, prepare for, and take advantage of the key trends that are transforming the design, delivery, and operations of the world’s infrastructure.
All those who submitted a nomination in the 2014 Be Inspired Awards competition are also encouraged to attend.
Bentley Systems COO Malcolm Walter said, “Our Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference will provide the infrastructure executives gathered from around the globe valuable takeaways that their organizations can leverage to gain increased competitive advantage and ROIs. Through insightful forum and summit presentations and discussions, they’ll learn about effective strategies for advancing BIM – strategies that are empowering leading AEC firms and infrastructure owner-operators to achieve better performing assets through increased depth of information modeling and better performing projects through increased breadth of information mobility. They’ll also be briefed on emerging strategies and next practices for further BIM advancement.”
This year’s conference guest speakers will include thought leaders from the global community of infrastructure professionals. Among them is Ed Merrow, Founder and President of Independent Project Analysis, Inc. Merrow is recognized around the world as a subject matter expert in the execution of large and complex megaprojects and capital projects in general. Attendees will also hear from Professor Andrew McNaughton, FREng, Chief Engineer and Technical Director, HS2 Ltd. Professor McNaughton has been with HS2 Ltd since 2009, developing the principles, network, and specific route design for high speed rail in Great Britain.
Walter continued, “But there’s still more at this information-filled event, including one of my favorite portions of the conference program – the compelling Be Inspired finalist presentations. These give attendees an opportunity to learn about BIM advancements at work, in real-world projects, helping infrastructure professionals overcome difficult, real-world challenges. This year’s submissions were once again extraordinary and truly inspiring. I extend my congratulations to all of the finalists and wish them the best of luck in the final round of this prestigious international competition.”
The Be Inspired Awards finalists for 2014 are as follows:
Innovation in Asset Performance Management
- Agrium Inc. – Agrium Vanscoy Potash Operations Reliability Improvement Project – (Vanscoy, Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Severn Trent Water Ltd – EToN 6: Technology in Street Works – (Midlands, United Kingdom)
- Tenaga Nasional Berhad – Asset Performance Management at Tenaga Nasional Berhad Power Plants – (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
Innovation in Bridges
- Anhui Transport Consulting & Design Institute Co., Ltd – Second Wuhu Yangtze River Highway Bridge – (Wuhu, Anhui, China)
- Hanson Professional Services Inc. – Alaska’s Northern Rail Extension: Tanana River Bridge – (Salcha, Alaska, United States)
- HDR – Tappan Zee Hudson River Crossing: The New NY Bridge – (Westchester, New York, United States)