PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- Dec 02, 2014 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today introduced the HP EliteBook Folio 1020 family, the industry's thinnest and lightest business-class notebooks. The HP EliteBook 1020 and the HP EliteBook 1020 Special Edition (SE) are ultra-thin at 15. 7 mm, and the SE takes advantage of HP's exclusive blend of magnesium-lithium alloy and reusable carbon fiber to achieve a weight of only 1 kg (2.2 lbs.)(1). Both share a tough, cutting-edge design that offers elite business-class performance.
"The HP EliteBook1020 represents game-changing innovation in both materials and mechanical engineering to create the world's thinnest and lightest business notebooks in a form factor that enables our customers to be more productive in more places," said Alex Cho, vice president & general manager, HP Commercial PCs. "Customers demand not only a stylish, thin and light notebook, but also a device that delivers advanced security and can withstand the rigorous demands that come with a highly mobile lifestyle -- and the HP EliteBook 1020 delivers this complete solution."
Focus on security and reliability
The HP EliteBook 1020 and the ultra-lightweight HP EliteBook 1020 SE are designed with enterprise mobility in mind, with up to 9 hours of battery life(2) to power a full work day. Like the rest of the EliteBook family, these are designed to pass military-grade (MIL-STD 810G) testing -- drops, shocks, and exposure to extremes of temperature and humidity, and high pressure testing(3). These notebooks also deliver both speed and near silent operation with a fanless design and solid state storage, supported by latest Intel® Core-M™ processor technology.
Both devices come with HP Client Management Solutions and optional LANDesk(4) and Intel® vPro™ technology(5) to easily integrate and deploy into an enterprise IT environment. The notebooks include HP's exclusive enterprise-class security, including certified Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2/2.0(6), pre-boot authentication, fingerprint reader and the exclusive HP Sure Start self-healing BIOS to help better protect your device, data and identity.
The HP EliteBook 1020 with optional touchscreen and HP EliteBook 1020 SE offer brilliant clarity on a high resolution 12.5-inch diagonal Quad HD (QHD) display, and are the first EliteBooks to come with the HP Premium Keyboard, a newly designed keyboard that provides optimized, consistent key response based on user testing and feedback. The 720p webcam, front firing speakers featuring HD Audio with DTS Studio Sound™ and HP Noise Reduction Software, make web conferences and collaboration on-the-go more productive with a difference you can hear.
HP Elite PCs set the standard
HP Elite devices are the standard in delivering innovation to customers that's built on security, reliability, manageability and design. Today's announcement also includes updates to the HP EliteBook line of notebooks and convertibles, which will feature the latest generation of Intel® Core™ processors. All new HP EliteBooks include the HP Noise Reduction Software for greater clarity in collaborative environments. Updated HP EliteBooks are pre-loaded with the company's cloud-based management solution HP Touchpoint Manager(7) to easily manage and secure multi-OS devices in an IT environment and can also be deployed on customers' existing devices.
The devices also include enhanced security features with HP Client Security(8) and HP BIOSphere(9) to help keep data and devices safe. In addition, HP EliteBooks and undergo more than 115,000 hours of testing to multiple military reliability standards. The updated HP EliteBooks include:
- HP EliteBook 1040
- HP EliteBook 850
- HP EliteBook 840
- HP EliteBook 820
- HP EliteBook Revolve 810
- HP EliteBook 750
- HP EliteBook 740
- HP EliteBook 720
Pricing and Availability
Availability is expected starting in January for the HP EliteBook 700 and 800 Series, February for the HP EliteBook Folio 1020 Standard Edition, and April for the HP EliteBook Folio 1020 Special Edition. Pricing for all products will be set closer to availability. To learn more about the HP Elite line of PCs, visit http://www.hp.com/go/elite. To see what other products are launching at HP Discover, visit www.hp.com/newstyleit.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Final weight of the 1020 is 1.2 kg (2.68 lbs.), the 1020 SE is pending.
(2) Windows 8 MM12 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
(3) MIl STD 810G testing is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions. MIL STD testing on the EliteBook 1020 is final, testing on the 1020 Special Edition is pending.
(4) Remote Secure functionality requires LANdesk software, sold separately. Select devices offer location-based functionality and require an active LANDesk Management Suite 9.5 SP1 (LDMS) maintenance service or license with location-based settings, Windows 8.1 and WWAN/GPS functionality. Wipe functionality performs a "Windows 8 Reset" and requires Windows 8. Lock performs a Windows "Lock Computer."
(5) Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel® Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
(6) Firmware TPM is version 2.0. Hardware TPM is v1.2, which is a subset of the TPM 2.0 specification version v0.89 as implemented by Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT).
(7) HP Touchpoint Manager supports Android™, iOS and Windows operating systems and PCs, notebooks, tablets and smartphones from various manufacturers. Not available in all countries see www.hp.com/touchpoint for availability information. HP Touchpoint Manager requires purchase of a subscription.
(8) HP Client Security requires Windows.
(9) HP BIOSphere features may vary depending on the PC platform and configuration.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of HP for future operations, including the separation transaction; the future performance if Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. if the separation is completed; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP's businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; risks associated with executing HP's strategy, including the planned separation transaction, and plans for future operations and investments; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP's products and services effectively; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP's international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the execution, timing and results of the separation transaction or restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP's business) and the anticipated benefits of implementing the separation transaction and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2013, and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2014. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.