Allegro DVT announces its dual-format encoder IP core, implementing the two mainstream video compression formats: HEVC/H.265 and AVC/H.264. With this new IP, Allegro DVT enlarges its video encoding IP offering with the first hardware encoder supporting both standards.
The dual-format encoder IP core is designed to provide semiconductor manufacturers with the perfect solution for any video encoding application. Indeed a key technical advantage of this solution is the optimized integration of both standards using minimum logic and memory resources within a single IP. Any customer looking for support of both video encoding formats can benefit from this new hardware encoder IP to significantly reduce the area footprint and power consumption of its SoC products. This paves the way of our customers towards creating innovative products with high performance video encoding capabilities with only one encoding IP core.
In addition, thanks to its flexible implementation, our customers can easily adapt the IP according to the maximum resolution supported by their target application, ranging from HD to UHD/4K. Our IP is perfectly suited for high volume consumer applications, such as tablets, smartphones, digital & wearable cameras.
Our dual-format encoder IP benefits from Allegro DVT successful track record in the field of hardware video IP development. It completes Allegro DVT's comprehensive solutions of AVC/H.264 & HEVC/H.265 encoder and decoder IPs:
- HEVC/H.265 Encoder IP, our scalable real-time hardware HEVC Main/Main10 profile encoder IP core, supporting up to 4Kx2K@60fps resolution.
- HEVC/H.265 Decoder IP, our fully compliant HEVC Main/Main10 profile decoder, capable to support real-time decoding of 4Kx2K@60fps resolution and beyond.
- AVC/H.264 Hardware Encoding & Codec IPs, with best-in-class video quality, minimized silicon area, optimized power consumption and an ultra-low end-to-end latency.
- WiGig WDE Codec IP, our award winning, silicon proven Wireless Display Extension (WDE) codec for next generation 60 GHz wireless technology: IEEE 802.11 ad/WiGig.
- HEVC/H.265 Compliance Streams, providing HEVC/H.265 decoder manufacturers with the perfect tool for validating their developments, and ensuring compliance with this upcoming video standard.
Allegro DVT will exhibit at CSIA-ICCAD 2014 Conference at Hong Kong on December 11-12, 2014.
Feel free to come meet us at booth GF02, for an overview of our video IP cores or contact us by e-mail at Email Contact .
Allegro DVT is a leading provider of H.264/MPEG-4 AVC|SVC|MVC and HEVC/H.265 solutions, including industry standard compliance test suites, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC and HEVC/H.265 encoder, codec and decoder hardware (RTL) IPs; and multiscreen encoders and transcoders. Allegro DVT products have been chosen by more than 100 major IC providers, OEMs and broadcasters.
SOURCE Allegro DVT