Use this report to:
- Identify 3D printing media and additives with the greatest commercial potential in the near- to mid-term (2014 to 2019).
- Analyze key drivers and constraints that will shape the market for these materials as the basis for projecting demand over the next five years.
- Gain insight into the factors driving the market as well as which industries this technology pertains to the most.
- Identify the companies which are best positioned to meet the demand for 3D printing materials consumption because of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances, or other advantages.
- BCC Research estimates the total global market for 3D printing materials totaled $245 million in 2013. This market is expected to reach $285 million in 2014 and $650 million in 2019, registering a compound annual growth (CAGR) of 17.9% over the next five years.
- Ceramics, metals, and other materials as a segment will grow from $18.4 million in 2014 to nearly $76.9 million by 2019 at a 33.1% CAGR for the period 2014-2019.
- Photopolymers is the largest segment of the global market for 3D printing materials and it is expected to total $189.2 million in 2014 and $380.5 million by 2019, increasing at a CAGR of 15.0% from 2014 through 2019.
Three-dimensional (3D) printing, also called additive manufacturing, is the process of making a three-dimensional solid from a digital model by depositing successive layers
of material in different shapes. The first working 3D printer was developed in the 1980s, but the high cost and limited range of applications of the earliest printers seemed to
preclude their widespread use. Since then, the introduction of new 3D printing technologies such as 3D inkjet printers has brought costs down. After a slow start, 3D printing is poised for rapid growth. It took the 3D printing industry more than 20 years to reach $1 billion in size in 2009, but only three years later, it would reach $2 billion in 2012. Some projections place the market at nearly $10 billion by 2019.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The overall goal of this report is to provide an up-to-date understanding of an important segment of the overall 3D printing market (i.e., the market for printing materials and additives used in 3D printing). Specific objectives include:
- Identifying 3D printing media and additives with the greatest commercial potential in the near- to mid-term (2014 to 2019).
- Analyzing the key drivers and constraints that will shape the market for these
- Estimating current and future consumption of 3D printing materials through 2019.
- Identifying the companies that are best positioned to meet this demand because of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances or other advantages.
This report is intended for marketing executives, entrepreneurs, investors, venture capitalists and other readers who wish to know the direction in which the market for 3D
printing materials is headed over the next five years. The report addresses specific 3D printing technologies and materials, but it is generally non-technical in nature and
coverage. Thus, it is less concerned with theory and jargon than with identifying the materials with the greatest commercial potential, assessing the amount of these materials that the market is likely to purchase and determining the price at which they will sell. The report is not written specifically for material scientists and technologists,
but many of these professionals will be interested in its findings concerning the market for their work, including the availability of government and corporate research funding for different technologies and applications.
SCOPE AND FORMAT OF REPORT
The report addresses trends in 3D printing materials technology and the global market for the most promising new 3D printing material applications during the period from
2013 through 2019, including:
- Plastics and polymers.
- Others (e.g., wax, graphene, bio-ink).
- Consumer goods.
- Medical and dental.
The report does not cover 3D printing equipment or services in any detail. Major elements covered in the study format include:
- Executive summary.
- Overview (i.e., definitions, brief history, technology characteristics, applications, market summary).
- Developments in 3D printing technology that are expected to influence the market through 2019.
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each material and application type during the period from 2014 to 2019.
- Descriptions of key players in the 3D printing industry.
METHODOLOGY AND INFORMATION SOURCES
The findings and conclusions presented in this report are based on information gathered from primary sources within the industry, including vendors and users of 3D printing products. Interview data were combined with information gathered through an extensive review of secondary sources such as trade publications, trade associations, company literature and online databases to produce this report's market projections. The base year for analysis and projection is 2013, from which market projections were developed for 2014 to 2019. These projections are based on a combination of a consensus among the primary contacts and an understanding of the key market drivers and their impact from a historical and analytical perspective. The analytical methodologies used to generate the market estimates are described in detail in the sections on the various types of 3D printing materials The documentation is intended to enable the reader to evaluate the projections, and if desired, substitute alternative assumptions. All dollar projections presented in this report are in 2013 constant dollars unless otherwise noted.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02354689-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: Email Contact
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/advanced-materials-for-3d-printing-technologies-and-global-markets-300011919.html