As an OpenPOWER Foundation member, Altera is collaborating with several partners to develop high-performance compute solutions that integrate IBM POWER® CPUs with Altera's FPGA-based acceleration technologies. Altera and its partners are leveraging the OpenPOWER Summit to reveal a wide range of FPGA-based OpenPOWER solutions, including FPGA-acceleration applications programmed using OpenCL.
- Altera is demonstrating its OpenPOWER CAPI Developer Kit with coherent shared memory between an IBM POWER8 CPU and an FPGA accelerator leveraging IBM's Coherent Accelerator Processor Interface (CAPI) and programmed using OpenCL.
- Algo-Logic Systems is demonstrating a CAPI-enabled order book. The solution processes level-3 market data, sorts orders, and transfers level-2 snapshots and BBO pricing to POWER8 shared memory using Stratix® V FPGAs on a Nallatech CORSA card.
- Algo-Logic Systems is also demonstrating a Key-Value Search (KVS) solution targeting large data centers.
- Nallatech is showcasing their CAPI Hardware Developer Kit, featuring an Altera Stratix® V FPGA, along with a PMC NVMExpress attached demo.
- Nick Finamore, Altera, and chair of the OpenPOWER accelerator workgroup, will provide an overview of accelerator opportunities for OpenPOWER.
- John Lockwood, Algo-Logic, is describing how financial service firms are using FPGAs to compute heterogeneously with Gateware Defined Networking (GDN) to build order books and trade with the lowest latency.
- Allan Cantel, Nallatech, is presenting on enabling coherent FPGA acceleration.
- Stephen Bates, PMC-Sierra, is showcasing an NVMe demo using Altera FPGAs and PMC's FLASHTec controllers.
- Jeff Cassidy, University of Toronto, is presenting a CAPI-attached Photodynamic Cancer Therapy planning with FullMonte on OpenPOWER accelerated with Altera FPGAs.
About the OpenPOWER Summit
The OpenPOWER Summit is hosted within the GPU Technology Conference (GTC) and includes attendees from the technology sector, developers, researchers and government agencies. The summit has a lineup of keynote speakers, technical workgroup updates and member presentations. The three-day event will kick off the morning of Tuesday, March 17 with an exhibitor pavilion where OpenPOWER members will display and demonstrate OpenPOWER-based products and projects. More information can be found at http://openpowerfoundation.org/2015-summit/
Altera® programmable solutions enable designers of electronic systems to rapidly and cost effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Altera offers FPGA, SoC, and CPLD products, and complementary technologies, such as power management, to provide high-value solutions to customers worldwide. Visit www.altera.com.
ALTERA, ARRIA, CYCLONE, ENPIRION, MAX, MEGACORE, NIOS, QUARTUS and STRATIX words and logos are trademarks of Altera Corporation and registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other words and logos identified as trademarks or service marks are the property of their respective holders as described at www.altera.com/legal.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/openpower-summit-showcases-altera-fpga-acceleration-technology-300049448.html
SOURCE Altera Corporation