Highly integrated DC/DC converter for space-constrained automotive and communication applications features up to 95-percent efficiencyDALLAS, March 30, 2015 — (PRNewswire) — Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a four-channel buck DC/DC converter with PMBus/I2C digital interface for applications in space-constrained equipment that experience high ambient operating temperature without cooling, such as small cell base stations, infotainment and solid state devices. The TPS65400 dual- or quad-output configurable DC/DC converter integrates eight power MOSFETs and features industry-leading efficiency at up to 95-percent in the smallest footprint. For more information, samples and an evaluation module, visit www.ti.com/tps65400-pr.
The TPS65400 includes four high-current synchronous buck switching regulators with integrated MOSFETs. Each switching converter supplies a 2-A or 4-A output to efficiently power digital circuits such as the processor, FPGA, ASIC, memory and digital input/output. Switching frequency for the converter is independently adjustable up to 2.2 MHz. The TPS65400, which can be powered from a single-input voltage rail between 4.5 V and 18 V, supports applications running off a 5-V or 12-V intermediate power distribution bus.
TPS65400 key features and benefits
- Flexible power up/down sequencing control increases system reliability. Read a blog on sequencing for performance processors and FPGAs.
- Parameter configuration and status monitoring via PMBus enhances system intelligence.
- Dynamic voltage scaling optimizes processor performance.
- Phase interleaving reduces input capacitance and ripple.
- Current sharing supports higher output current and enhances design flexibility.
- Small 48-pin VQFN package measures 7 mm by 7 mm by 0.9 mm.
Availability, packaging and pricing
Available in volume now from TI and its authorized distributors, the TPS65400 is offered in a 48-pin, thermally-enhanced VQFN package and priced at US$3.68 in 1,000-unit quantities. Order the TPS65400EVM-678 evaluation module for US$199.
About TI's digital power products
Texas Instruments offers the broadest portfolio of digitally enabled, configurable and fully programmable power controllers, providing customers with flexibility, efficiency and integration to meet dynamic system needs and reduce total cost. TI's digital power solutions support various communication protocols, including PMBus, SMBus, I2C, SPI, UART and CAN.
Find out more about TI's power management portfolio:
- Design a complete power management system online with TI's WEBENCH Power Designer.
- Search for solutions, get help and share knowledge in the Digital Power forum in the TI E2E™ Community.
- Download power reference designs from TI's PowerLab™ Reference Design Library.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
WEBENCH is a registered trademark and TI E2E and PowerLab are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ti-introduces-industrys-first-18-v-multi-channel-synchronous-buck-converter-with-pmbus-digital-interface-300057221.html
SOURCE Texas Instruments
Gayle Bullock Texas Instruments 669-721-3133 Email Contact Maemalynn Meanor Golin 972-341-2564 Email Contact