May 26, 2015 -- For the first time together, INSPIRE and Geospatial World Forum events, will be jointly held in Lisbon next 25-29 May 2015, to promote the optimal use and implementation of spatial data and resources for growth.
Planetek Italia & Planetek Hellas is contributing to this general objective, participating with a booth (n.26A) and with presentations about:
- The development of the new European INSPIRE Geoportal.
- The production of INSPIRE compliant E.O. value-added products and the publishing these data as geographic linked data.
- The development of the new Geoportal of Regione Abruzzo.
Planetek Italia will also show some cutting-edge solutions developed for its clients, based on Hexagon Geospatial technologies:
- The monitoring system of the city of Canosa di Puglia, Italy, based on GeoMedia Smart Client and Intergraph Planning and Response (IPR), aims at preventing environmental crimes over the municipal territory. It facilitates effective collaboration between public safety and emergency response bodies, and the management of the information collected by cameras, satellite data and crowd-sourced warnings.
- How to save time and resource in the monitoring of services for global dredging activities. The automated processing of very high-resolution satellite imagery, made through the Spatial Modeler of ERDAS Imagine, helps producing accurate sea turbidity maps and geospatial indicators in a few hours after the data collection.
- How to support the interoperability of data, metadata and services, enabling the implementation of INSPIRE compliant geoportals for the discovery, view and download of geospatial information, through the development of Spatial Data Infrastructure based on ERDAS APOLLO. Several Italian geoportals already use smart compression algorithms, for raster and point cloud data storage, to face the challenge of managing massive amounts of geospatial data.
Furthermore, the INSPIRE-GWF organizing committee invited Planetek Hellas to participate at the Young Professionals Forum, to illustrate its success experience and path as a young Greek company.
Giovanni Sylos Labini, CEO of Planetek Italia and Planetek Hellas, said “The INSPIRE and Geospatial World Forum event is a great place to show the latest and best solutions developed for our clients.
The use of Hexagon Geospatial technologies is a key factor in the development of state-of-the-art solutions that best fits our clients’ needs”.
Read more and download the agenda: http://www.planetek.it/eng/inspire_gwf_conference_2015