SC/Tetra V12 Released
June 26, 2015 – Cradle is pleased to announce the release of SC/Tetra V12.
SC/Tetra is a general purpose, unstructured grid Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software that is used in many industries to simulate thermal-fluid phenomena. These industries include aviation, automotive, turbomachinery, energy, and many others where highly accurate geometrical representation is critical to the design solution.
SC/Tetra V12 contains many new features. Some of the highlights include:
- Single-pitch shape extraction for centrifugal pumps
- Extracts a single-pitch shape from the solid model of a centrifugal pump. This single slice of the pump impeller can be used to model the entire pump flow field when assigned the proper boundary conditions because the geometry of the slice is periodic. This significantly reduces calculation time and cost.
- Smart Blades
- Optional tool for creating and analyzing an axial fan. Fan blade shape parameters are defined in the GUI and are used to define the blade geometry. The shape is output in Parasolid XT format.
- Condition settings, solution calculations, and output postprocessing are automatically executed. The P-Q curve is calculated by running multiple cases with variable delta P
- Parametric study
- Automates parametric studies for changes in one focused variable, e.g. how do flow conditions change when the heat source output is increased?
- Calculates effects on dependent variables including velocity, pressure, turbulence, angular velocity and more. Results are output in tabular form.
- Enhanced free surface
- New Volume of Fluid (VOF) interface capture method enables use of a compressible fluid as the gas phase. As an example, a moving bubble in fluid can be analyzed.
- Shape optimization using Adjoint Method
- Automated shape optimization can be achieved for an object that experiences either a smaller or larger force. For example, the aerodynamic shape of an object can be optimized to minimize the drag force.
- Enhanced radiation analyses
- Radiation transmission through uneven surfaces such as frosted glass (diffusive transmissivity) can be analyzed.
- HeatPathView has been available in scSTREAM/HeatDesigner and is now available for SC/Tetra. This feature visually displays the flow of energy and heat balances for the various components in a thermal system.
These are just some of the new features in SC/Tetra V12. Others include:
- Thermal conductivity anisotropy on arbitrary axis
- Enhanced particle tracking
- Joule heating with coating layer conditions
- Enhanced porous media functions
- and more.
SC/Tetra V12 is available for download from User Page portal.
The information in this news release is current as of the date of publication and is subject to change without notice.
Tel: +1 (937)912-5798
Email: Email Contact