Winners Will Be Announced at The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference, Taking Place Nov. 3-5 in London
EXTON, Pa. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 23, 2015 — Bentley Systems, Incorporated, a leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, today announced the project finalists in the 2015 Be Inspired Awards program. The awards honor the extraordinary work of Bentley users advancing infrastructure design, construction, and operations throughout the world. Ten independent jury panels comprising distinguished industry experts selected the 54 finalists from more than 360 nominations submitted by organizations in 55 countries.
The finalists will present their innovative projects in front of their peers, the jurors, and the more than 100 members of the media at The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference, taking place Nov. 3-5 in London, U.K. This global gathering of leading figures in the world of infrastructure design, construction, and operations will feature:
- a series of thought-provoking keynotes by Bentley senior management as well as guest speakers comprising prominent industry thought leaders;
- interactive workshops exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers, and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure project delivery and asset performance;
- informative industry forums featuring expert speakers from prominent organizations including American Electric Power, American Road & Transportation Builders Association, ARC Advisory Group, Atkins, Black & Veatch, Burns & McDonnell, ConnDOT, Fiatech, Highways England, Parsons Brinckerhoff, Robin Partington & Partners, and Trimble; and
- the announcement and celebration of the Be Inspired Award winners at an evening ceremony and gala.
The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference is an ideal opportunity for management-level executives in architecture firms, engineering firms, construction companies, and government or owner-operator organizations responsible for the design, delivery, and/or operations of infrastructure to share best practices and interact with infrastructure professionals from around the world. All those who submitted a nomination in the Be Inspired Awards program are also encouraged to attend.
Bentley Systems COO Malcolm Walter said, The Year in Infrastructure Conference is one of my favorite Bentley events. It provides, within a few focused days, inspiring presentations of the years most extraordinary advancements in infrastructure, coupled with valuable insights on the innovations in technology and best practices that are helping improve project delivery and asset performance. At the same time, attendees have ample opportunity to network with other infrastructure leaders who are shaping the future. As a bonus this year, the backdrop for the conference is once again London a city known for its remarkable skyline of landmark structures, many of which were designed and built by leading architectural, engineering, and construction organizations with the help of Bentley software. I look forward to welcoming the many senior executives from infrastructure organizations around the globe who will gather at the Hilton London Metropole in November for this engaging experience.
The Be Inspired Awards finalists for 2015 are as follows:
Innovation in Asset Performance Management
- Network Rail LADS Programme (London, United Kingdom)
- SA Water Predictive and Operational Analytics Tools, Adelaide Metro Water Distribution Network (Adelaide, South Australia, Australia)
- West Virginia Department of Transportation West Virginia Division of Highways Implementation of a Bentley Hosted SUPERLOAD System for Oversized/Overweight Vehicle Permitting and Routing (Charleston, West Virginia, United States)
Innovation in Bridges
- Finley Engineering Group, Inc. I-49 North (I-220 to Martin Luther King Drive) (Caddo Parish, Louisiana, United States)
- Finley Engineering Group, Inc., and Archer Western Contractors US 281 Bridge Over the Colorado River (Marble Falls, Texas, United States)
- LCW Consult The Ceira River Bridge (Coimbra, Coimbra District, Portugal)
Innovation in Building
- Engbras Park City: The Glebe (São Paulo, Brazil)
- Robin Partington and Partners One Merchant Square (London, United Kingdom)
- Sichuan Provincial Architectural Design and Research Institute Panzhihua Three-line Construction Museum (Panzhihua, Sichuan, China)