Among the solutions HP announced today:
- The world's thinnest and lightest mainstream business-class notebooks(1), the HP EliteBook 705 G3 series delivers the style and reliability that today's design-conscious workforce is looking for.
- Featuring two firsts for HP -- integrated wireless charging built into the stand(2) and an AiO fingerprint reader(3) -- the HP EliteOne 705 and 800 G2 AiOs are redesigned with new materials to be sleeker and thinner than the previous generation, ideal for more modern workspaces.
- The world's smallest business-class desktop(4), the HP EliteDesk 705 and 800 G2 Desktop Mini has the power and security of a traditionally sized desktop.
- Now with an HP exclusive Intel Unite Skype for Business Plugin(5), the new HP Collaboration PC G2 with Intel® Unite Software offers quick and intuitive Skype meeting starts with audio conferencing and document sharing.
- The industry's first self-healing BIOS-level protection, HP Sure Start is now available across the entire upcoming Elite portfolio -- including desktops and AiOs for the first time -- for built-in device protection.
"Customers told us that they love our highest-end Elite notebooks and asked us to bring innovation from the C-suite to their broader employees across both notebook and desktop products," said Alex Cho, vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, Printing and Personal Systems Group, HP. "We responded by delivering thin, light and sleek designs, improved collaboration and integrated, modern security to mainstream business devices with the Elite 705 and 800 Series PCs, so every employee can experience cool, productive and secure devices."
Businesses are experiencing a transformation: millennials now represent nearly 34 percent of the workforce(6) with 86 percent of millennials considered tech-savvy(7), 62 percent of users work from more than one location(8), and knowledge workers carry an average of 3.1 devices(9). The new Elite PCs are beautifully styled with today's workforce in mind with a focus on reliability and durability, designed to undergo MIL-SPEC 810G testing and more than 120,000 hours of HP's Total Testing Process(10).
As more business adopt collaboration tools -- like Skype for Business -- where sound quality can make the difference between a great meeting and a garbled conversation, HP's new Elite notebooks and AiOs feature audio by BANG & OLUFSEN. All Elite PCs carrying the Bang & Olufsen brand are custom-tuned with Bang & Olufsen's acoustical engineers for precise sound experience in business use. To make the experience even better, Elite notebooks and AiOs are also installed with HP Noise Reduction Software for improved audio input and HP Clear Sound Amp for balanced audio output.
As malware and other attacks against organizations become more prevalent and with long-term business impact, HP has expanded HP Sure Start from HP Elite notebooks to also include the upcoming desktop line of Elite PCs(11). Select Elite PCs also include HP Sure Start with Dynamic Protection, which goes beyond checking the BIOS when there is a state change, but also throughout the day at regular intervals for additional protection(12).
Experience greater productivity and mobility with new thin and light Windows 10 notebooks
The new HP EliteBook 705 G3 series are thin, light and powerful, with a new silver magnesium and aluminum chassis, and a starting weight of 2.78 lbs(13), and 18.9 mm thin at its thickest point. Available in 12.5", 14.0" and 15.6" diagonal HD, FHD or QHD(14) screens, the notebooks include the new high-performance AMD PRO A12 APU -- the first commercial APU with integrated R7 Radeon graphics -- exclusively from HP for a limited time.
Engineered based on extensive user studies, the HP Premium Keyboard is now available on the EliteBook 705 series, providing a remarkable balance of comfort and feedback beyond a traditional notebook keyboard. Featuring enterprise docking, these notebooks are also designed to be productive while on-the-go, with a full-size Display Port and VGA and RJ-45 ports.
The EliteBook 705 series also features HP Long-Life Rechargeable Batteries, which offer up to a three-year lifespan or 1,000 full charge and discharge cycles, lasting 2-3 times longer than standard notebook batteries to help lower total cost of ownership while helping reduce the environment footprint of the device(15). An external SIM slot and optional WWAN(16) give users additional flexibility to connect on the road.
Redesigned desktops, all-in-ones for the modern office
HP's new Elite AiOs and desktops with Windows 10 -- including the HP EliteDesk 705 and 800 G2 Desktop Minis, HP EliteDesk 705 and 800 G2 Small Form Factors, HP EliteDesk 705 G2 Micro Tower, and the HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Tower -- are optimized for performance, with 6th Generation Intel® Core processors or 6th Generation AMD APUs. DDR4 memory is now standard on Intel-based desktops to enable energy efficiency and high performance. The EliteDesk 800 Desktop Mini also offers additional flexibility with an Intel-based 65W CPU option for applications requiring greater processing power(17).
The redesigned HP EliteOne 705 and 800 G2 AiOs feature built-in cable management for a clean look and can be configured with a new adjustable height stand featuring Tri-Mode Wireless Phone Charging, perfect for people constantly using mobile devices and needing to stay charged throughout the day(2). An optional wireless charger built into the stand can charge mobile devices without wires in a convenient location using Qi, PMA and A4WP wireless charging platforms. An optional Tri-Mode Charging Pad is also available(18).
As offices evolve to be more open and modern, the EliteDesk 705 and 800 Desktop Minis are designed to fit anywhere where space is a constraint, with an optional HP PC Mounting Bracket to attach the Mini directly behind the new HP EliteDisplays. Perfect for companies with high-traffic areas, HP offers the new HP Desktop Mini LockBox, a secure enclosure to protect the PC, power brick and cable connections. For offices in more open locations, the EliteDesk 800 Tower and EliteDesk 800 Small Form Factor have an optional Dust Management solution, which is designed to reduce dust particles from entering the device to help improve its durability and help reduce total cost of ownership.
Visualize productivity for the new collaborative workspace
As workspaces, huddle rooms and conference rooms evolve to meet the needs of a changing workforce, HP has several collaboration solutions that span across PCs, displays and accessories. The new HP Collaboration PC G2 leverages the latest EliteDesk 800 Desktop Mini to create an ideal solution for businesses and conference rooms of any size. With the HP exclusive Intel Unite Skype for Business Plugin, this device enables a seamless Skype meeting start via a wireless screen connection and offers simple, intuitive, instant onscreen collaboration and document sharing. As part of HP's suite of collaboration solutions, the new HP EliteDisplay E240c Video Conferencing Monitor creates a communication hub in a meeting room to connect and collaborate with an integrated HD webcam, microphone, high performance speakers and easy-to-access hot keys on the bezel to place a call, adjust volume, and mute.
New retail system leverages world's smallest business-class desktop(4)
The new HP MP9 G2 Retail System also leverages the EliteDesk 800 Desktop Mini so retailers can manage their business from the store floor to the back office and all points in between. The device has a three-year production cycle and a choice of operating systems -- including Windows Pro and the Windows Embedded OS -- making the MP9 optimal not just for retailers but for any customer requiring stability and versatility in their environments.
Pricing and Availability(19)
- The AMD-based HP EliteBook 705 G3 series is expected to be available in September, starting at $749.
- The AMD-based HP EliteOne 705 G2 AiO is expected to be available in September, starting at $849.
- The Intel-based HP EliteOne 800 G2 AiO is expected to be available in October, starting at $1,199.
- The AMD-based HP EliteDesk 705 Micro Tower are available now, starting at $519.
- The AMD-based EliteDesk 705 Desktop Mini is expected to be available in October, starting at $499.
- The Intel-based HP EliteDesk 800 series is expected to be available in September, starting at $699.
- The HP Collaboration PC G2 is expected to be available in September, starting at $729.
- The HP EliteDisplay E240c is expected to be available in October, starting at $249.
- The HP MP9 G2 Retail System is expected to be available in December.