October 22, 2015
9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 3:00 p.m. (PDT)
Video captured from unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or other aircraft, vehicle-mounted and handheld cameras, and sensors on satellites is an important data source, providing a view of how events are unfolding or features are changing on the ground.
ArcGIS Full Motion Video (FMV), an Esri ArcGIS for Desktop add-in and set of geoprocessing tools, provides integrated workflows to view, manage, analyze, and share video content, including live feeds. To familiarize you with the ArcGIS Full Motion Video add-in's capabilities, Esri will host a live training seminar, Get Started with ArcGIS Full Motion Video, on October 22, 2015.
The presenter will introduce you to the concepts of FMV and demonstrate how you can integrate and exploit video within ArcGIS.
After viewing the seminar, you will understand how to
- Load, play, and work with video files and live video feeds within a map.
- Digitize features on a video.
- Set up a video search index and easily find archived videos.
- Generate a PowerPoint presentation with a single click to share your video content.
- Use the FMV geoprocessing tools to do things like create mosaic datasets from video, record metadata in a geodatabase, extract frame extents, and add new metadata to existing videos.
GIS and image analysts, research professionals, camera engineers, and others who want to learn how to manage and analyze FMV within GIS will find this live training seminar highly useful and educational.
You will need a broadband Internet connection and an Esri Account to watch the live training seminar. Creating an Esri Account is easy and free: visit esri.com/lts, click Login at the top right, and register your name and email address.