"Even as AEC and design professionals become increasingly mobile, they prefer making edits and reviewing plans on the printed page," said Xavier Garcia, vice president and general manager, Large Format Printing, HP. "HP's innovative new large-format printers and MFPs simplify collaboration with next-level features and mobile printing capabilities to meet this blended reality and print whatever and wherever AEC professionals need."
Large-format printing reinvented for today's mobile construction professionals
Ideal for construction professionals, general contractors, and computer-aided design (CAD) teams, the HP DesignJet T830 MFP is the industry's most affordable, compact and transportable integrated large-format MFP.(1,2,3) Half the size of competitive large-format MFPs(2) with the same footprint as the HP DesignJet T730 Printer, the MFP offers a damage-resistant design able to withstand challenging job sites, a built-in scanner, and a front panel that can be extended and operated from a tablet.
"Architectural drawings are at the heart of what we do as contractors, and getting them to the site quickly is key. However, outsourcing our large-format printing was causing delays and costing money," said Neil Geraghty, surveyor, Duke Construction. "With the HP DesignJet T830 MFP, we are able to quickly and affordably produce high-quality, large-format prints in-house, while HP mobile printing makes choosing, editing and printing files easy to do from any location."
Recommended for tough environments where the MFP must endure dust, frequent transportation or potential hits, such as in mobile offices at construction sites, an optional HP DesignJet Rugged Case offers enhanced damage and dust protection. In addition, reinforced wheels and feet on the device's stand make printing at job sites more convenient.
A 36-inch wide, integrated scanner enables users to modify, scan and share plans in the office or on construction sites from a mobile device,(4) and its intuitive touchscreen offers realistic print preview and document cropping.
Sharing many of the same features of the HP DesignJet T830 MFP, the HP DesignJet T730 Printer provides:
- Increased ease-of-use and competitive speeds, delivering high-quality A1/D-size prints in as few as 25 seconds.
- An automatic sheet feeder, enabling easy printing of half-size drawings up to 13 inches wide, avoiding paper waste and extra labor for cutting the roll output.(5)
- Off-axis ink delivery, allowing flexible ink cartridge sizes from 40 - 300 ml that adjust to the actual usage profile of each customer, avoiding big expenses and expiration issues in low-usage environments.
- An Econofast print mode, saving ink and time spent printing working documents and drafts.
- A detachable stand, making moving the printer from office to office easier.
- Wi-Fi Direct, a built-in Wi-Fi network for easy connectivity,(6) allowing the device to create its own Wi-Fi network for direct mobile printing without other infrastructure.
- An intuitive front panel with a touchscreen, which works like a smartphone.
The HP DesignJet T730 Printer and T830 MFP help eliminate traditional printing pain points, enabling users to economically deliver prints for meetings, mark up real-time changes, and easily share documents with key stakeholders to streamline workflow.
HP DesignJet technical portfolio boosts productivity and enterprise security
Also advancing HP's large-format technical portfolio, three other new HP DesignJet printers help AEC professionals reach new levels of quality, ease of use, mobility and collaboration:
- The HP DesignJet T930 Printer, designed for small- and medium-sized AEC teams. The device boosts team productivity and offers enhanced security protocols to help safeguard information, while providing superior print quality with six HP Original inks, including gray and photo black inks.
- The HP DesignJet T1530 Printer, a dual-roll 36-inch printer featuring six HP Original inks, an integrated 50-page output stacking tray and advanced security protocols, maximizing workgroup productivity and enterprise security in high-volume environments.
- The HP DesignJet T2530 MFP, an easy-to-operate MFP featuring one intuitive control panel for print, scan and copy functions and two rolls. It provides advanced design and engineering workgroups A1/D-size prints in as few as 21 seconds and 2.5 inch-per-second color scanning capabilities to maximize productivity. The device also offers secure printing and is easy to manage from upgrades to network integration.(7)
New mobile printing capabilities enhance collaboration
The new HP All-in-One (AiO) Printer Remote is a free mobile application that enables easy, convenient printing and scanning to HP web-enabled printers and MFPs whenever or wherever(8) from both Apple® and Android devices.(9) Built-in mobile printing features, including printer discovery through wireless Internet, Wi-Fi Direct and NFC as well as e-mail printing to HP ePrint-enabled printers,(8) make printing in the field as easy as printing in the office. The HP AiO Printer Remote application makes mobile scanning and sharing easier, offering a direct connection to online repositories, such as Dropbox, Box and Google Drive.
The HP DesignJet T830 MFP, HP DesignJet T730 Printer, HP DesignJet T930 Printer, HP DesignJet T1530 Printer series, and the HP DesignJet T2530 MFP series are anticipated to be available worldwide beginning on November 30, 2015.
Additional information about the advanced HP DesignJet technical portfolio is available in an online press kit at www.hp.com/go/DesignJetFall2015 and at www.hp.com/go/DesignJet. Product videos and updates are available on Twitter and on YouTube.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP (
(1) Based on 36-inch Wi-Fi integrated MFPs available in the market as of September, 2015.
(2) The HP DesignJet T830 Multifunction Printer is the most compact 36-inch device performing large-format print/scan/copy functions and is at least half the size (without the legs) based on H x W x L specifications published as of September, 2015.
(3) Available for the first time in the industry, the HP DesignJet Rugged Case is compatible with the HP DesignJet T830 MFP and features bigger, reinforced wheels and feet on its stand, making transport for printing at job sites more convenient.
(4) The HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app is available for Apple® iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch running iOS v7.0 or later and for Android mobile devices running Android v4.4 or later. The HP All-in-One Printer Remote mobile app is available for free from the Apple® App Store for Apple® mobile devices and from the Google Play Store for Android mobile devices.
(5) Printing on sheets eliminates the extra work and cutting waste of printing on performance equivalent roll-based printers in the market as of September, 2015. For example, printing at half scale (13.5 inches) on a typical (36-inch) roll results in over 50% paper waste and additional labor to cut.
(6) Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same network or have a direct wireless connection. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. See www.hp.com/go/designjetmobility for more details.
(7) One integrated print/scan/copy multifunction device compared to separate print, scan, copy devices.
(8) Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same network or have a direct wireless connection. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an Internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. See www.hp.com/go/designjetmobility for more details.