- X1 Tablet with Intel® Core™ m7 Processor reaches 10 hours’ battery and unique modules add functionality
- X1 Yoga features Samsung OLED display option and a rechargeable active pen
- ThinkPad X1 series are powered by Windows 10 and include Samsung NVMe SSD and Qualcomm LTE-A 4G options
- WiGig docking available for wireless desk
LAS VEGAS — (BUSINESS WIRE) — January 3, 2016 — Lenovo (HKSE:0992) (PINK SHEETS: LNVGY) today unveiled its newly expanded and highly innovative X1 portfolio. Designed for forward thinkers, the series includes new additions such as the brilliantly adaptable ThinkPad X1 Tablet with its unique modular design; the immersive ThinkPad X1 Yoga with world’s first OLED display; and the award-winning ThinkPad X1 Carbon is even thinner and lighter, strengthening its superiority in the ultrabook market. Furthermore, desktop users will be wowed by the stunning new ThinkCentre X1 all-in-one, the must-have design centerpiece for any office with outstanding performance to match.
Designed and Engineered for Forward Thinkers
The modular design of the ThinkPad X1 Tablet offers something no other tablet can - adding functionality through simple clip-on optional modules:
- Need more battery? The Productivity Module increases use up to 15 hours total
- Ready to present? The Presenter Module includes a pico projector and HDMI port
- Creating in 3D? Add the 3D Imaging Module with its rear-facing Intel RealSense camera
The full size ThinkPad keyboard with the iconic TrackPoint has three adjustable typing angles and recreates the classic ThinkPad keystroke feel. Keyboard and tablet together weigh just 2.4 pounds for an ultra-light laptop experience. What’s more, it is the first Windows tablet with LTE Advanced support for superfast connectivity from virtually anywhere. The ThinkPad X1 Tablet also features a removable rear panel for serviceability and upgrades.
ThinkPad X1 Yoga is incredibly thin at just 0.66 inches and light at only 2.8 pounds. It is also the world’s first convertible featuring an optional Samsung OLED display that reproduces beautifully rich colors and deeper blacks. With a patented Lift and Lock keyboard that retracts keys in tablet mode, X1 Yoga also features an active pen that is perfect for highlighting and writing notes directly on webpages using the Microsoft Edge browser. The pen is also housed & charged inside the system so it won’t get lost.
ThinkPad X1 Carbon continues to stand out as the world’s lightest 14-inch business ultrabook. One of the most refined and elegant notebooks available today, the X1 Carbon is thinner, lighter and more powerful than ever. Focused on customer-centric design improvements, we listened to customer feedback and made a number of improvements, including more display options, increased memory and storage capacity, improved connectivity and made the X1 Carbon lighter at just 2.6 pounds.
Customers expect Lenovo to keep pushing the boundaries and the ThinkPad X1 series doesn’t disappoint. With a unique combination of performance, connectivity and security focused features available in all three products, the new ThinkPad X1 family is designed and engineered for forward thinkers:
- Up to 1TB high-density, low-power Samsung M.2 NVMe SSD storage offers speeds up to five times that of standard SATA SSD
- Ultra-fast enterprise class connectivity with the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X7 LTE modem with 4G LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation support for up to 300 Mbps download speeds
- Fast and secure WiGig wireless docking for a cable-free desk environment
- Touch Fingerprint reader and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) security chip for peace of mind
- Built tough to withstand the rigors of mobile working by passing more than two hundred Lenovo stress tests
The ThinkPad X1 family also includes a number of accessories specifically designed to match and enhance the overall user experience:
- ThinkPad X1 Wireless Touch Mouse is a thin and light dual mode mouse optimized for travel. Flip it over to use the integrated touchpad presenter for easy navigation through slides.
- The ThinkPad X1 In-Ear Headphones have been optimized by Dolby for the X1 series and engineered with dual drivers to improve phone calls, music and movies.
- The X1 Sleeve, with its soft-touch interior and easy-to-open magnetic flap, is the perfect transport companion for your X1 Carbon or X1 Yoga.
- The ThinkPad 65W Micro Adapter is 58 percent smaller and 50 percent lighter than a standard power adapter and is the ideal lightweight travel mate for the ThinkPad X1 Carbon and X1 Yoga.