Demonstrations, Live Training, and Hackathon Winners Show the Power of GIS
REDLANDS, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — May 10, 2016 — Today, Esri, the world leader in geographic information system (GIS) solutions, announced that it will be exhibiting and providing a free training session at GEOINT, May 15 to 18, 2016, in Orlando, Florida. Esri will be showcasing transformational geospatial technologies, based on the ArcGIS platform, that provide advanced analytics and mission-focused enhancements for defense, intelligence, and national security workflows.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160510005511/en/
At GEOINT, Esri will highlight advanced analytics and visualization tools including ArcGIS Earth and Insights for ArcGIS. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Esri staff will be on-site to discuss the ways the ArcGIS platform is enabling customers to deliver the actionable intelligence on which decision makers rely. An integrated platform for defense, intelligence, and national security, ArcGIS provides high-performance 2D and 3D analysis. It is a complete and open technology (or platform) for managing, analyzing, and sharing data and products. ArcGIS leverages big data, web technologies, and integrated apps to make GIS easy to use, more accessible, and collaborative.
"The national security community can benefit from visual exploration of enterprise data, regardless of source," said John Day, director of national security, business development, at Esri. "At this event, we will demonstrate how spatiotemporal analyses provide quick, responsive, and interactive experiences that increase productivity to support decision making and operations."
- Jeff Peters—Director, Global Business Development, National Government Sector, Esri
- Patty Mims—Deputy Director, Global Business Development, National Government Sector, Esri
- Brian Lehman—Director, Defense, Business Development, Esri
- Chris Albert—Director, Intelligence, Business Development, Esri
- John Day—Director, National Security, Business Development, Esri
- What: GEOINT, booth #600
- Where: Orlando, Florida
- When: May 15–18, 2016
- Insights for ArcGIS—Advanced analytics
- Military Tools for ArcGIS—A collection of new mission-focused enhancements for defense and intelligence workflows in ArcGIS
- 2D and 3D Visualization—ArcGIS Earth and ArcGIS Pro
- Advanced Imagery and Full-Motion Video Capabilities—Drone2Map for ArcGIS
- Developer Tools and Apps—May 10, 2016, App Challenge Winner showcase
Training—Technical Applications for Geospatial Intelligence
- Presenter: Carl Eichenberger, May 18, 2016, 7:00 a.m.–9:00 a.m.
- Booth Demonstrations
Learn to evaluate and prepare geospatial data for use in geospatial
intelligence (GEOINT) fusion, analysis, and intelligence products.
Perform different types of geospatial analyses (including terrain,
raster-based, viewshed, and temporal) to evaluate potential threats and
identify patterns, hot spots, and clusters. Evaluate suitability of
multiple locations for tactical operations and understand how the
creation of operational map products aids in improving outcomes.