The Ecometrica Platform scoops Environmental Leader’s Product Of The Year 2016 Award
Denver, June 24, 2016 - Sustainability software and data company
Ecometrica has won the prestigious global
Environmental Leader Product of the Year Award for its end-to-end accounting, mapping and monitoring software, The Ecometrica Platform, which helps leading companies, NGOs and institutions to easily map, track and report environmental impacts.
Underlining its position in environment and sustainability reporting, the judges of the 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards said that the Ecometrica Platform "has lots of tools and analytics that can be used to take sustainability to the next level. It's a proven well-performing product".
According to the judges, "the Ecometrica Platform, while competitive with other Software as a Service (SaaS) models, offers enhanced benefits related to use of geospatial data and built-in compliance assurance by recognized independent auditors. As an end-to-end environmental accounting and sustainability management solution, this tool may set the standard for sustainability data management".
Gary Davis, CEO of Ecometrica, said: “Although the impacts of man-made climate change and deforestation are generally understood, the next stage is to quantify and map in real-time what is happening at a local level. This is key to the effective allocation of resources to conservation. We are proud to lead the way towards reversing environmental degradation by helping a wide variety of organisations to do just that, and are delighted that our platform has been recognised at the Environmental Leader Awards.
“By bringing together sustainability, environment, risk and business management and reporting with geospatial intelligence and mapping applications, the Ecometrica Platform allows businesses, governments and organisations to make smarter decisions and build long-term value.”
Combining geospatial data from earth observation satellites with information gathered on the ground, the Ecometrica Platform moves beyond simple sustainability accounting and allows detailed maps to be created, enabling businesses and governments to assess land-based impacts, risks and opportunities by tracking changes to forests, water resources, and crops.
Due to the breadth of the Ecometrica Platform’s module suite, the company’s 250+ customers come from a vast range of geographies, sectors and backgrounds, and include some of the world’s biggest and most complex multi-national businesses from industries such as mining and energy, financial services, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, supply chain, healthcare, and food & drink.
The judges at the Environmental Leader Awards also praised the audit-ready nature of the platform and noted that progressive companies are already using such tools to understand, manage and report on their environmental impacts.
The judges said: “We can see this tool making a difference ".
Ecometrica was unveiled as a winner at the Environmental Leader 2016 Conference in Denver. It was the first time the awards featured a live presentation event for the Product of the Year 2016 Award.
Distributed by The Communications Business on behalf of Ecometrica.
The Communications Business
tel: +44 (0) 131 208 1500 -
Ecometrica gathers a team of recognised experts in environmental sustainability accounting and reporting, and has been named as one of the world’s top Sustainability and EH&S brands by industry analyst Verdantix. We have unrivalled experience in environmental assessments and natural capital accounting, and the Ecometrica Platform brings clarity to environmental and natural resource challenges by combining earth observation data from satellites with local information and business intelligence.
Ecometrica supports all aspects of sustainability planning, operations and reporting by businesses and public organisations. Our data and software services are available worldwide through our offices in London, Boston, Edinburgh and Montreal.
Ecometrica will provide clarity and illumination on environmental impacts. Our goal is not to tell you what to do, but to provide you with the best information so that you can decide which direction is right for your own organisation. We are there to help you build knowledge and capacity, manage relationships, and navigate difficult times.
- June 2016 - NASA-UK Space Agency project sees Ecometrica spearhead collaboration with top universities to monitor forest and climate change (full story here)
- April 2016 - Ecometrica becomes first Gold Software Partner for CDP’s water and forests programmes (full story here)
- November 2015 - University of Edinburgh's School of GeoSciences teams up with Ecometrica to establish Earth Observation Lab to make satellite data available (full story here)
- November 2015 - Forest satellite data & mapping project led by Ecometrica gets $1M from GEF to Conserve Mexico Biodiversity Hotspot. Ecometrica will spearhead the use of satellite data for forest monitoring across the globe. It will initially work with Brazilian space research institute INPE and Mexican research group ECOSUR, as well as several of the UK's leading forest EO researchers and experts (full story here)
- October 2015 - Ecometrica appointed by the UK Space Agency to co-ordinate a major new international project to set up a network of virtual regional Earth Observation (EO) Labs to develop suitable products for the forest sector (full story here)
Earlier highlights are available here.